chapter •the tsesarevich

AzaleaLennox

°

TSESAREVICH WAS THE TITLE OF THE HEIR APPARENT OR PRESUMPTIVE IN THE RUSSIAN EMPIRE.

THE WIFE OF THE TSESAREVICH WAS THE TSESAREVNA

°

Days turned to weeks and weeks turn to months. A year and a few months since Anastasia arrived to England. Anastasia let her sadness of the loss of her child go after a while. Henry visited her bedchamber less and less now. He barely spoke to her anymore, even when dining together.

During banquets, he'd maintain a charade of happiness. Though he never danced with her, but instead stared off to look at the pretty women at court.

Anastasia wasn't the only one suffering at the English court. Jane was too. Henry hadn't visit her bed in a long time. When he did visit her, it was only to visit baby Edward. Edward was now crawling, though he always seem to be sick.

The ladies in waiting of Anastasia could see how their mistress felt. She was falling out of favorite as well and feared that Henry might divorce her. There was one person that may help and Kathleen got Tatiana to start writing a letter to someone in Russia. Someone that not only Anastasia would be joyful to see, but Tatiana as well.

At a feast, everyone could see Henry staring at a petite brunette lady in a green dress. No doubt she will be made a mistress by the end of the week. Everyone awaited the arrival of one of Anastasia's many brothers, but this brother was different. He is the heir apparent for the throne.

Anastasia older brother, Viktor, was a difficult yet understanding man. He always had a reason for everything he does and was a hard man to change his mind. No doubt he will make a great Tsar.

Anastasia fiddled with her fingers and Henry would look over at her sometimes. He could see the dark circles under her eyes, yet she youthful glow would overlook that. She didn't smile, making her lips created a line. Her beautiful eyes would often look up to see if her brother had arrived. Her dark hair was down and pinned back, away from her face and a sapphire crown sat at the top of her head to match her royal blue dress.

"His Imperial Highness the Successor Tsesarevich and Grand Duke, Viktor Alexievich and Tsesarevna, Cecilia." They announced. Henry grabbed one of Anastasia's hands and held it close. She looked at the hands and then at Henry before turning back to the entrance. Anastasia smiles upon seeing her elder brother and his wife enter the room.

Anastasia stood from her seat, releasing Henry's hand and walked towards her brother

Anastasia stood from her seat, releasing Henry's hand and walked towards her brother. She took his hands and hold them close to her.

"Bol'shoy brat, dobro pozhalovat' v sud. Sesiliya, ty vyglyadish' prekrasno, kak nikogda." Big brother, welcome to court. Cecilia, you look beautiful as ever. Anastasia says, letting her brother kiss the top of her hand. Viktor smiled at Anastasia.

"Nadeyus', angliyskiy sud vam ponravitsya, sestra." I hope the English court is to your liking, sister. Viktor says back. Anastasia didn't answer him and lead him to her husband.

"My husband, the King." Henry stood up and shook hands with Viktor. Henry felt the tight grip of the hand shake, when looking at Viktor, his brother-in-law held no expression.

"Vashe Velichestvo." Your Majesty. Viktor lowers his head.

"Royal Highness. Pleasure to meet you." Henry says. Viktor let go and reaches for Cecilia, his wife.

"My wife, Tsesarevna Cecilia." Cecilia bows to the Henry, kissing his ring in respect.

"It is a great honor to have you both here. My wife is very much happy." Henry says, looking towards Anastasia. Anastasia gave him a smile that Henry didn't return.

They were soon led to dine. Viktor sat on Henry's right and Anastasia on Henry's left, Cecilia sat on Viktor's right. They all ate comfortably, watching the people dance. Viktor looked up from his food and looks around at the court before his eyes stopped to find Tatiana. His eyes never left her figure, watched while she talked with his sister's other ladies. Cecilia saw this and glared at both her husband and the lady-in-waiting.

"My dazhe ne byli zdes' ni dnya, i uzhe tvoi glaza ustremleny na neye." We have not even been here a day and already your eyes wander to her. Cecilia growls lowly. Viktor looks at her as if she were mad.

"YA ne sobirayus' seychas imet' delo s tvoyey revnost'yu." I'm not going to deal with your jealousy right now. Viktor says back with a calm look on his face. Cecilia looks away in jealous and heartbreak. Every woman is always dealing with it, but life isn't fair.

I REALIZED THAT I NEVER GAVE ANASTASIA'S OTHER BROTHERS FACE CLAIMS, SO IF YOU WOULD LIKE FACE CLAIMS FOR FUTURE SIBLINGS, LEAVE A 👍 (thumbs up) IN THE COMMENTS.