chapter •where your loyalties lie

I HAVE NEW BOOK CALLED THE SEYMOUR GIRL BASED ON THE MOVIE THE OTHER BOLEYN GIRL. GO CHECK IT OUT AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK.

Caroline rocked the princess to sleep and gently set her in the bassinet. She smiled at the sleeping princess before leaving. As she crossed the room, she saw that Anastasia was also asleep. Caroline reached into her pocket and pulled out the vile that Jane gave her. She shakes her head and puts it back in her dress pocket just as Maria enters the room.

"Is Princess Margaret asleep?" Maria asks Caroline, softly not to wake their queen.

"Yes. If it's alright, I would like to take a walk before the queen or the princess wake." Caroline says. Maria nods.

"Yes, go. I'll take over for a while." Maria answers. As Caroline was able to leave, Maria called for her. She pulls out to a pair of silver earrings with turquoise. "Her Majesty asked me to give you this. A token of her gratitude for caring for the princess."

"But it's my job, why would she give me this gift?" Caroline asks, awwing at the beautiful earrings.

"Her Majesty is always generous with her friends and people she trusts. You may leave now." Maria informs. Caroline looked at the beautiful earrings and knew that she wasn't going to do it. Queen Anastasia will give birth to a son.

Caroline made her way to Jane's chamber. She opens to door and walks in. When she was sure no one was here but Jane, she takes out the vile and places it on the table. Jane looks up from her book and saw the vile still full.

"I wouldn't do it." Caroline told Jane. Jane closes her book.

"What did you say?"

"I wouldn't do it. I will not poison the queen. I will not commit such an evil act."

"Have you no loyalty for your family?" Jane spat. She slams the book on the table and stands.

"What you are asking me to do is an act against God. I will not damn my soul for your ambition." Caroline fires.

"If you don't do it, I can have someone else do it. I will have our father and brothers disown you. You will have nothing." Jane smirks.

"You do not scare me, Jane. You are committing treason!"

"I was meant to be queen, but she took that from me. I did the one thing with none of Henry's wives could do. I gave birth to a boy. I am a Goddess." Jane laughs insanely. "I will give you a choice. You seem to love that brat, Margaret. Either you serve the poison to that Russian bitch or I will have someone serve it to her brat of a daughter." Jane gave her the choice.

Caroline gasped at the choices, both horrid and monstrous. She only saw the smile on Jane's face.

Jane was turning into a monster. Neither notice the maid, Katie, overhearing it all. This was certainly something she has to report back to Lady Maria.

I KNOW, IT'S SHORT AND I FEEL BAD THAT IT IS!! THAT'S WHAT THEY CALL A CLIFFHANGER.
WILL SHE DO IT OR WILL SHE REPORT IT TO THE KING AND QUEEN?