chapter •blood over water

The maid backed away slowly from the Seymour women. She was ready to run out and find Lady Maria when a hand clamps over her mouth and a knife pressed to her neck. The figure behind her backed her away and out the room.

Caroline glares at Jane and Jane was the one to smirk. Caroline had to save the princess that she grew so attached to or the innocent child in the Queen's belly.

Jane grabs the vile and shoves it back in Caroline's hand.

"You know what I want, and I will get it if it's the last thing I do." Jane says slowly. Venom was seeping through her words. Caroline took the vile and hid it back in her dress pocket.

Katie was pressed against the wall by her neck and saw who was holding her. It was Edward. He held a dagger in one hand I looked at her in the eye.

"Curiosity killed the cat, my dear." Edward says before plunging the dagger straight through Katie's heart, instantly killing her.

Caroline returns to Queen's rooms. She kept her head down in her eyes cast on the floor. She had to make her choice. Margaret or the unborn child, the possible boy the King has been waiting for. She was broken from her thoughts by the sound of the door opening. Queen Anastasia returned to her rooms with Margaret in her arms. She watched the tiny princess giggle at the attention of her mother.

When passing by, Caroline sat down next to the table. That when she saw the pitcher of wine. She grabbed the pitcher and took out the vile.

Kathleen entered the room and saw Caroline's back towards her.

"What are you doing?" Kathleen asks her. Caroline jumping and turns around with a wine cup in hand.

"I-I was--"

"Kathleen, is that you?" Anastasia's voice calls out from the other room.

"Yes, Your Majesty."

"Bring me something to drink, please." Anastasia asks. Kathleen takes the cup from Caroline's hand and pours the wine in it. Kathleen disappeared into the room.

NEXT MORNING...

Anastasia walked towards the window when she felt a horrible pain in her stomach. That's when she felt something trickling down her thigh. She quickly reached under her dress and felt what it was. She saw the blood staining for fingers and cried out into more pain in her stomach and in the utter shock that she was losing her child.

Her ladies run into the room to see what was wrong. They find their queen on the floor with blood on her hand.

"My child!" Anastasia cries. The pain hits her again.

"Get the physician, someone get the King!" Kathleen orders, runs over to help Anastasia onto the bed. The other do as they were told.

The physician came and inspected the the queen. After a while, he exited from the room and walked towards the King, who waited impatiently.

"What is it? Is my boy alright?"

"I'm sorry, Your Majesty. The Queen has miscarried." The physician said the words Henry had heard too many times. Henry immediately walks away and into the room Anastasia was in. He didn't let the physician finish, he didn't get to hear what and how it happened.

Henry saw how Anastasia laid in her bed, almost lifeless and emotionless.

"You have lost my boy." Henry says. Anastasia didn't speak, too angry and sad. Very sad.

"Will you divorce me like you did your first wife or will you cut my head off like you did the last?" Anastasia spatted at Henry. She knew it was a mistake, but she was too hurt and upset to care.

"HOW DARE YOU SPEAK TO ME THAT WAY!?" Henry yells.

"I dare because I can." Anastasia replied. "You think this does not hurt me also. I have lost my child, boy or girl, it doesn't matter to me."

"We will not speak of this any further." Henry orders.

"You blame me as if I caused this miscarriage. I didn't want to lose my baby." Anastasia continued.

"I said... We will speak of this no more. Get some rest, Anastasia." Henry said lowly and walks out. Anastasia couldn't hold back her tears. They ran down her face.

Caroline stood outside the room, able to hear the cries of her mistress. She surely felt like her soul was damned for murdering an innocent creature. She was a murder in her own eyes.

Henry walked quickly. His boots hit the floor with each thump. His room door opens and walks in, peeling off his clothes.

"My love?" Henry turns to find Jane is his bed, under the covers no doubt naked. "I have been wai—"

"Get. Out." Henry orders. Jane was surprised, shocked. Henry noticed her not moving out so he reached over to grab her arm roughly. Jane was forced out the bed and pushed out the room. Jane only had the covers on her to cover her body and quickly walked to her room.