chapter •confrontation

The next day, after spending his time with his sister, Viktor had left Anastasia in the company of her ladies. Anastasia had told him she would soon go to congratulate Cecilia, while Viktor went to speak to the King. He made his way, with Charles Brandon leading, to Henry's study.

Viktor walked into the room to find Henry with a woman and a child. Henry held the child close with such affection. Viktor wondered if he was like that his legitimate daughter, Margaret. He grew furious at the sight of a bastard son being praised more. Henry looked over and saw Viktor.

"Ahh, Grand Duke Viktor. Come in." Viktor watched as they stood from the table. "This is Mistress Seymour and my son, Edward." Henry introduces. Jane walks forward with a false looking smile.

"Your Highness, it is an honor to meet you." Jane bows. Viktor didn't say anything back not did he acknowledge her. Henry notices it and handed Edward back to Jane.

"You may go, Jane. Thank you for bringing Edward."

"Always, Your Majesty." Jane says seductively to Henry. Henry smiles at Jane before she left.

Viktor had mutters under his breath, but loud enough for Jane to here. "Korolevskaya shlyukha." King's whore. Though, Jane didn't understand.

Henry motions for Viktor to sit with him. He pulled on the chair sat across from the King. He had be offered wine and fruit, but had declined it. Henry had asked him if he had met Margaret yet.

"I have met my niece, sire. She is a beautiful child, takes much after her mother if you ask me."

"She does, doesn't she?" Henry says.

"I hope to have a girl of my own. Though my wife says it will be a boy." Viktor adds. Henry looks at him with a questionable expression on his face.

"Your wife is with child?" Henry asks. Deep inside, jealous grew and made him feel bitter.

"Yes, sire. Just a month or two." Viktor says. "I have already informed my sister of it."

"Best of luck to you." Henry forces out.

"Thank you." Viktor nods. "I have been told by my sister that she had lose her child."

"Yes."

"I hope, Your Majesty, that you do not blame her."

"Why would you say that?" Henry asks. Viktor leaned back on the armed chair and rubbed his face.

"May I tell you a story?" Viktor says. Henry waits before giving him the go sign. "Before I or my other siblings were born, my mother had conceived or given birth to five children prior. All stillborns and miscarriages. My father and mother had almost given up on trying to conceive a child. They spend time together, grieved together, bonded. Then, I was brought into this world. Shortly following after were my many brothers and sisters." Viktor says. Henry sat back and listened, soaking in the words as if he were a rag.

"I can promise you, sire, my sister will be able to give you a son you so desire, with patience and much affection." Viktor adds. Henry looked away from Viktor. Viktor noticed the silence and took it as a cue to leave.

"If you will excuse me, I must tend to my wife." Viktor says, standing up. Henry joined him by standing and straightening his clothes.

"I will join you. I had hoped to visit my queen and daughter today." Henry says. Viktor nods and they exit the room.

Anastasia sat across from Cecilia, who had little Margaret of her lap. Cecilia tickled the child under the arms, making her let out a fit of giggles.

"Ona slashche lyubogo rebenka, na kotorogo ona imeyet pravo." She is sweeter than any baby is entitled to be. Cecilia says. Margaret looks up at her aunt and reaches up to touch her face.

"Spasibo tebe, sestra. YA nadeyus', chto vash rebenok i moya Margaret rastut vmeste. Drug dlya neye, poka ne roditsya syn." Thank you, sister. I hope your child and my Margaret grow up together. A friend for her until a son can be born. Anastasia says, wrapping an arm around her lower stomach. She wished a child would grow inside, to fill the void of her lost one.

"Ne volnuysya, dorogaya Nastya. Vash brat sdelayet vse vozmozhnoye, chtoby pomoch' vam." Do not worry, dear Nasia. Your brother will do all in his power to help you. Cecilia says, placing her hand on top of Anastasia for comfort. Anastasia smiles.

The chamber doors open, walking in was Viktor and Henry. When Henry's eyes landed on his wife, he smiles. The two women stood up, Margaret was fixed to look at her father.

"Sweetheart."

"Your Majesty." Anastasia says with a bow. Henry kisses the top of her head.  Margaret let out a giggle at the sight of her father. Henry looks at her was love in his eyes.

"Margaret, my beautiful Margaret." Henry takes Margaret gently from Cecilia's arms and kisses the top of her tiny head.

A change was come.

I HAVE A GOOD EXPLANATION AS TO WHY I HAVEN'T UPDATED ANYTHING. SCHOOL IS ALMOST AT IT'S END AND I GOTS TO WORK TWICE AS HARD TO GET THEM GOOD GRADES.

SCHOOL STRUGGLES, AM I RIGHT?