chapter •francis bryan

Henry and Anastasia sat together and ate their food. A peaceful silence occurred and Henry occasionally glanced at his wife, who had a smile planted on her face. He also notices what she has been eating. For the past week, Anastasia eat nothing but strawberries.

Henry only smiles at her, but didn't think much about it.

"I have thought about having Mary and Elizabeth come to court. Would it please you?" Henry says. Anastasia only smiles.

"Of course, Your Majesty. I had hoped to see more of the girls together." Anastasia picks up a strawberry and takes a bite.

"Good. I'm sure they will give you good company." Henry response as he takes a sip of his wine.

"I am already in good company, husband." Anastasia says.

"Are you not hungry for something else, sweetheart? You have been eating strawberries for a while now."

"I just can't seem to stop eating them. They have perfectly ripened. Here. Have a taste." Anastasia says as she picks up a strawberry and stands from her chair. She holds the strawberry out for Henry to take a bite. He ate the strawberry and smiles at his wife.

"You've said you couldn't stop eating them." Henry says in realization. Anastasia nods. Henry's next movement was that his eyes had casted down to his wife stomach.

Before Anastasia was able to say anything, a groomsman enters the room and bows.

"Sir Francis Bryan is here, Your Majesty." Francis Bryan, I know that name. Anastasia thought. Then it hit her, this was the same Francis Bryan that Sarah had told her about. She recalled the way he had spoken to Sarah and all the sinful ways he expressed.

"Let him in." Henry says. Henry stood up and hold on to Anastasia's hand. He led her back to her seat and made her sit.

The door opens up and a man wearing an eye patch and one pearl earring walks in. He bows and looks up at the King and Queen.

"Your Majesties."

"Sir Francis." Henry greets with a grin. He turns to his wife. "Meet my wife, Queen Anastasia."

"My queen." Sir Bryan bows.

"Sir Francis Bryan. I know you." Anastasia says.

"You do, Your Majesty?" Sir Bryan smiles. Anastasia had a look on her face and not a pleasant one. He picks up on that.

"Yes, one of my ladies told me you whispered lewd things to her." Anastasia says. Sir Bryan lost his smile and replaces it was a nervous laugh.

"I assure you, Your Majesty, it was a-"

"Mistake? Yes, I'm sure it was."

"Now, now, sweetheart. I'm sure he meant no harm." Henry cuts in. Anastasia looks away and up to Henry was a sweet smile on her.

"I'll take my leave, husband. I have grown tired and need to rest."

"Of course. Rest as much as you need. If you need anything don't hesitate to ask for."

"Thank you." Anastasia says. She bows to Henry and leaves after he allows it. Anastasia exited the room and returned to her own.

SHORT CHAPTER, I KNOW.