04. 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁'𝘀 𝘂𝗽, 𝗱𝗼𝗰?

IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL SUNNY DAY OUT IN NEW YORK, AND THE STREETS WERE FILLED WITH NEW YORKERS. The glistening water reflects off the sun, and just across from the park, there was the other side of the city. The green trees flowing along with the wind as the leaves dance in the air, landing on top of people's heads or onto the ground.

Tony and Pepper slow their jog into a walk, the man beckoning his fiancé to slow her speed as he catches his breath. "Slow down, slow down. I'm totally not kidding."

Pepper chuckles, talking over the man as she glances up at him, slightly confused. "You're totally rambling."

Now talking over her, Tony denies. "No, I'm not."

"You lost me."

Tony ties his sweater around his neck, needing to express himself to the woman as he could shake this weird feeling; the superhero needed Pepper to know something that he had dreamt about as if it could be real.

"Look, you know how you're having a dream, and in the dream, you gotta pee?"

"Yeah," Pepper agrees for the sake of Tony's explanation.

"Okay, and then you're like, 'oh, my God, there's no bathroom, what am I gonna do?' 'Oh! Someone's watching.' 'I'm gonna go in my pants.'"

"Right," Pepper wants to chuckle at the odd dream. "And then you wake up, and in real life, you actually have to pee. Yeah. Everybody had that."

"Right! That's the point I'm trying to make," Tony walks backward, the two slow to a stop as he finally gets to the point of his dream. "Apropos of that, last night, I dreamt we had a kid." Tony pauses for a minute, searching for any reaction from the woman, but doesn't get anything. Pepper stands quietly, listening intently as she raises her brows, waiting for him to continue. "So real. We named him after your eccentric uncle. Uh, what was his name?"

Tony flicks his hand in thought, trying to dig through his mind to find the name. Pepper dips her head, chuckling in disbelief. The dream seemed . . . unreal to Pepper; there wasn't much of a surprise to the woman, she didn't think it could be a coincidence.

"Right."

"Morgan!" Tony exclaims. Now remembering the name, he then speaks a bit more calmer. "Morgan."

"So, you woke up and thought we were . . ."

"Expecting," he finishes.

"Yeah."

Tony suddenly becomes more excited, wanting the dream to be real because it had felt real to him. He never thought about having children, nor did he think he'd ever settle down with a woman. Once he met Pepper, he knew he would one day fall in love with her; now, he's engaged with the woman. Not only does he have Pepper, but he also has Eszter in his life.

At first, he and Eszter wouldn't get along, which was why for the first year, he was hardly around. Beautifully, the enhanced had brought this new feeling to the billionaire; Tony began to become fond of the idea of having children. He will always consider Eszter as his own, cherishing his moments with the teen, but how amazing would it be to have a child with the woman he loves?

"Yes?" Tony asks with high hopes.

"No," Pepper instantly shoots down the idea, she shakes her head.

Tony felt a bit of his spirit dampened at the false hope he held onto, but it made him want to really try for a baby. "I had a dream about it. It was so real."

"You already have someone you care for," Pepper smiles, stepping closer to her fiancé as she wraps her arms around his waist, staring lovingly into his eyes. "You do remember her, right? The girl we've been taking care of since after the fight with that robot that you created?"