17. 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗴𝗮𝗿𝗱𝗲𝗻

DARCY LEFT TONY'S SIDE TO GIVE HIM AND PEPPER PRIVACY. The brunette exited from the room and stood outside beside Rhodes when she realized that she had missed a small conversation because Carol was walking out. Darcy gives a puzzled look. Carol had appeared a little after the snap, surprising everyone how fast she managed to get there so quickly. They didn't know who she is or where she had came from, but apparently, Nick Fury knew who she is. It turned out that the man had sent a message to the powerful woman, which was only used for emergencies.

However, they hadn't a clue of where Fury was.

"Where are you going?" Steve voices questionably.

Without stopping, Carol spoke with a promise, her face void of emotions as she struts out. "To kill Thanos."

Left behind, everyone was a little caught off guard. Steve and Natasha share a look in silence before they trail behind the woman. Curious, Darcy follows the three as she furrows her brows at Carol, wondering how she will kill Thanos if he has all the Stones.

"Hey," Natasha calls out, causing Carol to stop. "You know, we usually work as a team here, and between you and I, morale's a little fragile."

"We realize up there is more your territory, but this is our fight, too."

"You even know where he is?" Rhodes asks.

"I know people who might."

"Don't bother," Nebula speaks up from across the room, catching everyone's attention. "I can tell you where Thanos is."

"And you are again?" Darcy wonders out loud.

The blue woman glances up as her black eyes gaze over the humans. "Nebula. Former daughter of Thanos," the woman swallows, washed with sadness. "Sister of Gamora."

"What made you leave him?"

"My father is many things, but loving me was not one of them," Nebula concludes. Her life was a depressing and cold one, and it took her until now to realize just how bad her father had treated her. Without another word, Nebula turns away and makes her way into the room with the group following after her.

There was a shimmer of hope in Steve's eyes. Hope that if Nebula really does know where Thanos is, they could search for him and get the Stones back; then, they could use them to bring back everyone. There was no confirmation on whether or not it would actually work, but they had to try. Darcy sat at the round table while everyone else stood around it. The woman was feeling weak to her knees and decided against standing to showcase her trembling body.

Darcy neglected to eat this morning. For some odd reason, she couldn't consume anything, knowing that almost everyone was gone. But the thought of Tony somewhere out in space was most likely the reason as to why Darcy avoided eating. However, now that he's home safe and sound, her stomach grumbles as it sends messages to her brain, demanding food and water. But since they're in a new meeting regarding Thanos' location, Darcy didn't want to miss a single detail.

Standing near the window, Nebula stared at the wall with a blank look in her dark eyes, remembering the day her father spoke of his plan. It was traumatizing--the pain she had endured that day. Her voice was soft and calm, yet they held this anger in her tone as she spoke of the day of her father's plan.

"Thanos spent a long time trying to perfect me. And when he worked, he talked about his Great Plan," Darcy rests her chin on her hand, nibbling on her finger as she listens intently. "Even disassembled, I wanted to please him. I'd ask, 'where would we go once his plan was complete?' And his answer was always the same." Nebula walks over to the table, and she leans on it as she reveals Thanos' location. "'To the Garden.'"