29. 𝗶 𝗮𝗺 𝗶𝗿𝗼𝗻 𝗺𝗮𝗻

EVERYONE WAS THROWN OFF FROM THE POWERFUL FORCE. Thanos managed to stop them from getting the Stones back to their right timeline, and he destroyed the Quantum Realm with his blade. This put a strain on the heroes. Without that machine, they won't be able to get the Stones back to where they need to be, nor will they be able to hold off.

Everything wasn't going right.

Not anymore.

Eszter groans in pain, rubbing the temple of her head; the enhanced's ears were ringing as her head pounds angrily against her cranium. The rocks and shards were pressed into Eszter's skin, and the blood painted her face; her body ached from being thrown around like a rag doll, and from fighting the aliens, Eszter looks around to see everyone fallen to the ground.

Her brows furrowed almost confusedly, her green eyes shifting across the battlefield. Everything felt like it was going in slow motion. Eszter coughs suddenly, groaning softly as she shuffles to sit up; she searches around her and finds a body beside her. It was Peter; the boy was saying something, but Eszter couldn't focus on what he was saying.

Darcy crawled back up to sit up; she inhaled sharply before exhaling with a cough. The woman hisses in pain when she tried to stand but tumbled back down. Darcy grips her left arm against her chest, panting softly as she looks around. Darcy finds many of the heroes on the ground as well.

Pushing herself up with her good arm, Darcy slouches against a rock when she furrows her brows. In the distance, she can see the nano-gauntlet.

Tony throws an alien off his body hurriedly, disgusting him, but pauses when his eyes caught onto the nano-gauntlet lying unguarded in the dirt.

Unfortunately, Thanos noticed too because the Titan is panting harshly as he rushes forward, trying to get it before anyone does.

However, Tony throws his body into Thanos, throwing him away from the nano-gauntlet as much as he can; there was no possible way that he'd be able to hold the Mighty Titan, but Tony had to do something to prevent Thanos from grabbing the gauntlet. The Titan stumbles off to the side before he can grab the gauntlet, Thanos turns around and knocks his fist against Tony's small body; flying back, Tony hits the ground harshly, he huffs out when the air sucks out from his lungs and the fact that his head is spinning right now.

Thanos quickly rushes forward and reaches for the gauntlet but retracts his hand when Thor suddenly cuts him off with his axe.

Thor swings Stormbreaker towards Thanos, who jumps back to avoid it; the god swings Mjolnir and then Stormbreaker, barely grazing the armor. The blond god throws his hammer, but Thanos ducks, letting Mjolnir fly past him.

Quickly, Thor yanks his body around to force Stormbreaker up to Thanos' neck, but the Titan stops it. Calling for Mjolnir, Thor hooks it around Stormbreaker to give him a better shot at finally killing the Titan.

Thanos' eyes widen slightly when Steve suddenly jumps onto his back, grabbing Stormbreaker, pulling it closer to Thanos' chest. The Titan groans as he struggles to keep the axe from hitting him; he narrows his eyes and pushes the axe slightly away from him. Suddenly, Thanos knocks his head against Thor, causing the god to stumble back and collapse to the ground; Steve tries to dodge Thanos, but the Titan grabs the hero by the head, tossing him up and over his shoulder.

The two rolled along the ground, but Thanos overtook Steve, punching the hero who had him out cold in seconds. Thanos crawls across the floor and picks up the nano-gauntlet; he goes to put it on but was quickly knocked down to his knee.

Carol came flying from the sky when she kicked Thanos down to his knee, taking the Titan off-guard; when Thanos turns around, Carol sucker punches Thanos. When the Titan tries to punch her back, but Carol easily flies back, blasting him with a photon-blast; Thanos grunts in surprise, he hadn't really expected anyone like her--he's studied the Avengers for a short time and was beginning to know a little about them, but never has he seen this blonde woman. There were so many people that Thanos had never even seen, but there was something about Carol that frightened Thanos.