30. 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗼𝗻𝘆 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗸 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝗮 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘁

THANOS' ARMY SLOWLY TURNED INTO DUST LIKE A WAVE. One by one, every single alien crumbled to the ground, feeling similar feelings the heroes once felt; they misted away. Everything was disappearing right before their eyes, from the Outriders to the giant ships that landed around the destroyed facility. All around the field, Sakaarans, Outriders, and alien apes fold into themselves as they disintegrate; some of Thanos' army crawled pathetically to their master, but the titan merely watches them as they all fall into a heap of dust particles.

Thanos watches in horror, ships falling from the sky and quickly vanishing in a blink of an eye. Culls, Chitauri, they all turn to dust.

All of his work vanished.

Steve turns his attention towards Thanos, the last one standing.

Eszter turns around on her toes and furrows her brows, holding Peter's hand as the heroes all stood and watched Thanos. The enhanced turns slightly, and she perks a brow with a sly smirk that grew on her face without even realizing it.

Shuffling on his feet as he felt his atoms starting to disappear, Thanos could feel a shifting feeling that made him feel uneasy; he plops himself down on a clump of rubble as he breathes out. Thanos stares at the ground with thoughts running through his mind.

A gust of wind brushes through, taking Thanos with it until the titan is completely gone.

Tony stumbles towards an object before he slouches against it with heavy breathing. Unable to catch his breath, his knees buckle, and he harshly lets his body crash to the floor. Tony's armor was smoking from the heat of the Infinity Stone's power, his arm withered and battered, blackened and crippled. He exhales deeply. Tony's face was washed out, pale and sweaty.

He's dying.

Rhodes lands right in front of him. He pauses a moment for his helmet to open up, and Rhodes frowns sadly once his eyes land on his best friend. He knew it; it's too late. Rhodes steps forward to press a hand against the side of Tony's head. Rhodes purses his lips to try to contain himself. He didn't want to break down in front of his friend; Rhodes couldn't let himself do that to Tony.

Eszter turned around when she felt a horrible shift in her chest; the enhanced quickly turns around but was frozen in her spot. She quickly pats Peter's chest, panting shallowly. The girl stammers over her words. Eszter couldn't say anything. Her eyes were stuck on Tony's dying figure. The enhanced felt something in her heart drop, and it was an intense feeling that was brewing in her chest. Eszter felt like she was punched in the face.

Peter's jaw drops slightly, and he ended up dropping Eszter's hand to swing over to his mentor. Panting softly to himself, Peter took a moment to collect his thoughts.

"Mr. Stark?" Peter shakily calls. Rhodes moves out of the way to allow the teenager to sit in front of Tony. Peter breathes shakily as his voice trembles. "Hey! Mr. Stark. Can you hear me? It's Peter." Tony finally meets his gaze. "Hey. We won, Mr. Stark. We won, Mr. Stark. We won. They did it, sir. You did it."

Darcy ran over to the group that was surrounding Tony, the woman puffs heavily out of breath, but she stumbles to a stop when she saw her friend. Her breath hitches at the sight of Tony slowly dying. Darcy sniffles softly and bows her head when tears were beginning to grow.

"I'm sorry," Peter cries. He didn't want to leave Tony's side, but he knew he had to.

Eszter suddenly appears from the darkness but freezes when she gets a better look at Tony. She swears that she might be sick. This couldn't be happening. No, not again. Eszter is losing another person she loves and cares for.