07. 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗮𝗹𝗹

ESZTER FINALLY WOKE UP TO FIND HERSELF HELD CAPTIVE INSIDE A DARK AND COLD SHIP, UNFAMILIAR WITH HER SURROUNDINGS. The enhanced crinkles her nose, blinking multiple times to allow her eyes to adjust to waking up with blurry eyes; Eszter winces at the pounding sensation that throbs in her head. It didn't matter how dimly lit the room was, and the second her eyes squint open, Eszter immediately had to shut them.

The enhanced scans the room to regain some memory before she blacked out, and Eszter remembered trying to catch Strange from Ebony. However, it failed as she was held captive and unsure of where the hell she is; obviously, Eszter knows that she's in Ebony's ship, but the ship's layout was extraordinary and odd, nothing like the planes and ship controls that she saw.

Eszter hovers a couple of feet off the ground, held captive and surrounded by a dozen glass needles around her body. Eszter was only able to move her eyes. Her body was stiff and unable to move, defeating the purpose of Eszter using her abilities.

The enhanced glances around as much as she could, wondering where anyone was and who might've jumped on board. Eszter began to wonder if Peter had come along, a possible rescue for both she and the wizard--that they're supposed to protect. Eszter underestimated Ebony's abilities and his own strength, belittling his skills. Next time, Eszter won't underestimate any of Thanos' children.

Eszter blinks, crinkling her eyes shut when another head-pounding sensation washes over her, the enhanced grimaces at the pain-stricken feeling. There was a sudden voice that spoke not too far from her, and she recognized the voice.

"In all the time I've served Thanos," Eszter shivers at the sound of his voice, but she tunes into their conversations. "I've never failed him. If I were to reach out rendezvous on Titan with the Time Stone still attached to your vaguely irritating person, there would be . . . judgment." The needles start to make contact on Strange's face, glowing as an immense amount of pain began to run through his body. "Give me . . . the Stone."

Contorting her face in a look of discomfort, Eszter shuts her eyes at the sound of Strange's small grunts of pain; the enhanced didn't want to alert Ebony of her consciousness, but Eszter couldn't just let Strange be tortured. Eszter couldn't bear the thought of sitting here and watch as this buffoon murder her new friend for the Stone.

"Stop . . . stop!" Eszter pleads, feeling useless as she breathes out as she struggles to catch her own breath. The enhanced couldn't bear this torture. "Please."

"Destroyer, glad to see you have decided to join us," Ebony smiles lopsidedly, his gaze shifting between the two. Something gave him a better idea and an idea clicked inside his mind. "You humans and your empathy. I'm disappointed, Destroyer, but you've yet to unlock your true form. Although he is no Tony Stark, you still have . . . friendship."

The enhanced rolls her eyes. "It's called being human."

"Then perhaps you shall be quite the motivation to your friend," Ebony glances back to Strange, noticing the man's glare; the creature lifts his hand, and suddenly, the needles around Eszter closed in on her. "Your life will be in his hands."

"You're gonna be really disappointed," Eszter glares, trying to cover up the fact that she was kindled with fear as the needles were slowly inching closer to her skin. "If the Stone's that important, then he wouldn't risk it. Not for me."

Ebony chuckles airily. He ignores the teenager to face the man, who was glaring equally. "My, my, you've got quite the confidence. Let's see if he won't care if a child is in harm due to his failure to comply."

Eszter glances back to Strange, though the man didn't glance at her because she knew her words to be true--Strange would possibly sacrifice her life to keep the Stone in safekeeping. Eszter didn't want to feel offended or hurt because the man chooses the Stone over her life. She'd rather die than allow Thanos to collect this Stone as well. Instead, Eszter braces herself for the agonizing torture to greet her.