25. 𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴: 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗹𝗲𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗴𝘂𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝗱𝗼𝘄𝗻

EVERYONE RETURNED INTO THEIR REAL TIME WITH THE STONES. Darcy looks around, smiling in relief because this had actually worked, they were all back, and each group had the Stones. Darcy was in her same white blouse and pencil skirt with the small heeled from when they were at the camp, glasses no longer there. She was relieved, happy and ecstatic--they were so damn close.

"Did we get 'em all?" Bruce asks.

Rhodes retracts his helmet, the Stone in his hand. "Are you telling me this actually worked?" He beams in disbelief, chuckling in amazement.

Darcy breathes out, smiling softly as she was in disbelief that the heist had even gone well--even though they had their fallouts, they still succeeded.

But then Clint collapses to his knees with a loud thud, putting everyone in silence as they turned their attention to the devastated man. Instantly, Darcy wipes the smile off her face and instantly had a bad feeling; she had never seen Clint so distraught and broken-hearted. Darcy's eyes flicker away from the man to search for Natasha but to no avail.

She couldn't get herself to believe it.

"Clint, where's Nat?" Bruce asks, but the man was in a whole other state of mind. Obvious tears were in his eyes as he tried his best to compose himself.

At that moment, everyone pretty much understood his silence and why he was in a frozen state of mind. When Clint looked up to meet Steve's gaze, he bows his head sadly. Darcy breathes out in disbelief, her own eyes beginning to swell with tears; she instantly bows her head.

💜

Four of them were in a dark room while they watched Tony use his tech to place the Stones to his own gauntlet carefully. Darcy was practically chewing on her finger in anticipation, watching as the man was slowly placing them on their made gauntlet. Her heart was probably pumping as if she had run twenty miles. Darcy couldn't explain the feeling she was going through.

Tony pushes his hand forward as the robot follows his movements. Then, slowly and carefully, the Stones snuggle into the gauntlet, glowing. Darcy sighs in relief, and she relaxes her tense muscles when Rocket playfully shouts.

"Boom!" Rocket screams right into Tony's ear, making the man jump in his spot, Bruce jumps back slightly, but Darcy glares at the raccoon. He chuckles mischievously as Tony glares at him.

"Always playing games," Darcy rolls her eyes at the raccoon before she turns around and exits the room.

Rocket watches her before he turns his attention to the other two. He merely shrugs. "Women, am I right?"

💜

The new Infinity Gauntlet was moved to a more spacious room, granting wondering eyes to gaze upon the masterpiece. Darcy watches from the side while Rocket and Tony inspected the glove. The woman crosses her arms, watching with concentrating eyes.

"Alright, glove's ready," Rocket finally says, the anticipation was brewing, but when he looks back up to everyone, he asked the question everyone was wondering. "Question is: who's gonna snap their freakin' fingers?"

Darcy was going to speak up and try to talk it out with the guys to discuss who should wield the glove and whatnot. But then, Thor spoke up.

"I'll do it."

"Excuse me?" Tony quickly interjects, baffled.

Thor waves his hand. "It's okay."

But Tony wasn't having it. "No. Stop, stop. Slow down," he presses a hand on the man's chest to prevent the god from snatching the glove. Darcy doesn't move from her spot.