4. bionic dog

Haley's P.O.V.

Once again, it was the weekend, and I couldn't be more excited about it. I was ready to relax for the weekend. Davenport and Adam went to the mainland for a few days, and part of me hoped that we could finally have some peace and quiet. Maybe Bree and I could relax by the pool. Maybe Leo and I could play some video games together. Maybe Chase and I could have a date on the beach. I don't care what it is. As long as it's not training.

Bree, Chase, Leo, and I were all talking in the main area when the hydro-loop opened in front of us. To our surprise, Adam appeared once the doors opened. Before we could say anything, he said to us excitedly, "Guys, guess what I found?"

We all looked at him confused, but a small gasp escaped my mouth when a dog jumped out of the hydro-loop and ran over to us. We all bent down and immediately began to pet the dog. I looked up at Adam and asked, "Where did you get a dog?"

"And please don't say from a guy with sunglasses and a cane." Bree added.

"No." Adam said while looking at her, "He came over and started sniffing me when I got on the hydro-loop. Then, he went crazy and wouldn't leave me alone."

"And did you by any chance have meat in your pockets?" Chase asked him.

Adam sighed and groaned annoyed, "No... wait. Is salami a meat?"

We all just looked at each other and rolled our eyes. Then, I turned my attention back to the dog, sat on the ground, and continued to pet him. I looked at him and smiled, "Look how cute you are!"

"I never knew you were a dog person." Leo said to me.

"I've always wanted a dog, but we could never get one because my dad's allergic to them." I told Leo before saying to the dog, "But now that he's not here, I can just pet you all day long!"

Chase sighed before placing his hand on my shoulder and saying, "Look, he can't stay."

Before I could even reply, the dog spun around and sat down on the ground. Adam gasped, "Woah! Did you see that? You said stay, and he did! He's a genius!"

I just gave him a small smile before continuing to pet the dog. Then, Douglas walked into the room and when he saw the dog, his eyes widened. Just when I thought he was going to yell at us, he exclaimed, "Otis?!" The dog turned around, and Douglas whistled at him. The dog went running over to Douglas, who immediately began to talk to him and pet him.

We all looked over at Douglas confused, he began to explain, "That's my dog. He was a stray I took in and nurses back to health back when Krane and I bought our first evil lair together! Actually, it was more of an evil townhouse."

"Wow. Such good times." I said with an eye roll before Chase helped me stand back up.

We all walked over to Douglas as he continued, "This guy got me through some pretty rough times."

"Well, it's nice to hear that you had someone to comfort you while you were plotting to kill us." Leo said sarcastically before walking away.

"I think Otis ran away because Krane terrified him." Douglas told us, which made perfect sense because Krane was a psycho maniac, "He must've been searching for me forever! I bet he smelled my scent on Adam and followed him back here!"

"Are you sure it's the same dog?" Bree asked him.

Douglas stood up and told her, "Absolutely! Watch this. Otis, sit." Otis sat down, which made a little smile grow on my face. Douglas ordered, "Look left." And Otis did. Douglas ordered, "Look right." And Otis did. Then, Douglas said, "Speak." And Otis barked. We all laughed amazed at how well trained Otis was.