16. the curse of the screaming skull

Haley's P.O.V.

It has been a few weeks since Perry literally made Eddy disappear, and I can easily tell you that things at the academy have been a lot better. Actually, I think any place without Eddy is a lot better so I can't really say much. All I know is that I feel bad for Tasha again.

It has also been a few weeks since Chase and I finally admitted that we love each other and things for us have never been better. You know those really gross couple you see in TV shows that are so in love and up each other's butts? Well, that was us. It was driving a lot of people crazy, but not us. We don't really care what they think. Plus, we really do like irritating them.

I was also in a very good mood because my second favorite holiday was right around the corner: Halloween. I absolutely love Halloween because it is the one time I can scare people and get away with it. Plus, I love all of the movies and decorations. It's like my own real life version of a horror movie.... where I'm the monster.

Every year, Leo and I have a horror movie marathon so we can get ourselves in the Halloween spirit. Leo is a big baby when it comes to Halloween though. Every time we have these movie marathons, he hides during all of them. He surprisingly remembers everything that happens though.

After our movie marathon finally ended, Leo demanded that we get somewhere there was light so the two of us went to find Adam, Bree, and Chase. All of the students were gone on a field trip with Davenport for the day at the Davenport museum. I know, I feel sorry for them too.

When we found them in the main area next to the world's smallest box of Halloween decorations, I immediately frowned. Chase just smiled at us and said, "Hey guys, where have you been?"

"We just finished our 24 hour annual horror movie marathon," I replied with a big grin on my face.

Then, Leo added, "Yeah, I was so scared, I chewed through all of my finger nails. But on the bright side, I had a big bowl of popcorn so they were delightfully tasty."

We all just gave him weird disgusted looks before I focused my attention back on the box of Halloween decorations, "So why do you guys have the world's most pathetic box of Halloween decorations with you?"

"Thank you!" Bree said to me relieved while picking up a weird looking eyeball, "I don't understand how we're going to make the academy spooky for it's first Halloween with these decorations."

I walked over and looked inside the box. I reached inside and pulled out a bowl with some nasty orange slime stuck at the bottom. I cringed, "And what is this nasty crap in the trick-or-treat bowl?"

"Oh, that's not slime," Adam replied while taking the bowl out of my hands, "That's last year's pumpkin."

Bree, Chase, Leo, and I immediately gagged and turned away as Adam just smelled the bowl before gagging and setting it on the console. I just coughed to try to get the nasty stench out of mouth before walking over to Chase.

"I'm really sorry I didn't answer your texts." I apologized, "To be honest, I was getting really into those movies, and I was trying to protect Leo from Michael Myers."

"You were not protecting me!" Leo snapped at me before correcting, "You were laughing at me!"

I just shrugged and replied, "Same thing."

He just gave me a look before continuing to look through the box of decorations with Adam and Bree. Chase just gave me a smile and replied, "It's fine. I know how much you love Halloween. I just missed you."

"Awwww," I said with a smile growing on my face. I wrapped my arms around his neck and said, "I missed you too."

The two of us just smiled and laughed before leaning in to kiss each other. We heard Adam, Bree, and Leo groan behind us, but that was the beauty of it. Chase and I just loved to annoy them. We pulled away, and I heard Leo say, "Now that was just a horror movie of its own."