18. ultimate tailgate challenge

Haley's P.O.V.

It has been a few weeks since Leo came back to the academy and became a mentor. He was doing an amazing job at it, just like I knew he would. Not only was he doing great at it, but it also gave me the opportunity to keep bragging to Adam, Bree, and Chase about how one of my students was the first to ever be upgraded to a mentor. Yeah, I really don't know how they deal with me.

For mine and Chase's anniversary, he surprised me with a nice dinner set up down in the lab back at Mission Creek. Since it was the place where we first met, he thought it would be really special. Then, the two of us had a movie marathon, which mainly consisted of a lot of cuddling. And maybe some kissing, but we don't have to get into that.

After a few boring long weeks of training bionic children to become bionic heroes, we finally got a weekend off. Thank goodness because I really needed a break from doing any kind of physical activity. Right now, I was sitting next to Adam on the hydroloop holding my phone up so we could watch the latest episode of Ex On The Beach while Davenport and Chase were at the console working on something. He was the only other person to like this show. Surprised?

"I still don't understand why it's called Ex On The Beach if they're out in the snow?" Adam asked me confused.

I just shrugged, "I'll never understand the minds of MTV. Just as long as they give me stupid, pointless drama, I don't care."

Adam nodded in agreement before we did our handshake really fast. Since we've had many years of practice, we could do it pretty quick now. I know, we're awesome.

Just as Bree and Leo walked into the room, the hydroloop pulled up to the academy. My eyes nearly popped out of my head when I saw Tasha and my mom get out together. Both of them were wearing their old Mission Creek State hoodies.

"Mom?" I asked in surprise as I stood up and walked over to her, "What are you doing here, and why are you dressed twenty years under your actual age?"

She glared at me for a moment before smiling, "Tasha has a surprise for all of us."

All six of us looked at each other confused before Tasha smiled excitedly and announced, "I have some exciting news! I got us all tickets to the big college football game at mine and Lily's old stomping grounds!" My mom and Tasha looked at each other for a moment before both of them started to cheer, "GO PIONEERS! WOO!"

I immediately took a step back as my eyes widened in horror when my mom and Tasha both did high kicks after their cheers. Everyone around me looked just as scarred as I did.

"Trust me, guys. It wasn't that much better from back here," Adam said while cringing in disgust.

Despite how terrifying that was, I couldn't help, but be excited. As you all know, I'm a huge fan of football. This is when you should think back to the day when Adam, Bree, Spike, Leo and I played football against the Mission Creek High football team. Good times.

Davenport, on the other hand, didn't seem as excited, "Football? Pass."

Tasha glared at him while crossing her arms, "You're going."

"Honey, if you wanted a sports guy, then you should've married one," Davenport said while not taking his eyes off the console.

"Excuse me?" Tasha asked him.

That seemed to get Davenport's attention. He looked up from the console nervously and stammered out, "I mean, please don't leave me. I'll go."

Tasha just smiled satisfied while Bree said to us excitedly, "I can't believe I'm going to have a real life college experience. Ooh! I want to be like those kids that paint their faces and scream into the camera!"