14. bob zombie

Haley's P.O.V.

It has been a few weeks since the doomsday virus almost killed us all. Great introduction, right?

The students were all back to training like normal, including S-1. It was like the doomsday virus never even happened. Ever since Leo found out I never told Chase that I love him, he's been pestering me about it every single day. Well, I wouldn't say pestering.... maybe I would. I just keep telling him that I'm waiting for the right moment, but I know he's right. I have to tell him soon.

Bree, Chase, Leo, and I all walked into the main area after training, and we all looked at each other confused when we saw Adam standing next to Bob, who was completely wrapped in tin foil.

"Uh, Bob, why are you wrapped in tin foil?" Bree asked him when we got to them.

"It's not just tin foil. I'm also wearing three layers of pasta, tomato sauce, and cheese," He told her, which made us all just nod our heads slowly with weird looks.

Adam clapped his hand on Bob's shoulder and told us, "I turned him into a human lasagna pan." Why am I not surprised? He continued, "Forty minutes in the sun, and it's Bob-appetite."

There was a pause before Leo turned to us and said, "You know, given what I've seen of Bob's training, this might be the most productive use of him yet."

Bree, Chase, and I nodded in agreement, and then I added to Adam, "If you can make him cook any faster, do it. I'm starving."

Adam just nodded his head at me while pointing his finger at me. Then, he dipped his finger into the tin foil to taste it. He told Bob, "You need more oregano. Be right back."

Adam took off running out of the room, and as soon as he was gone, Perry came in. She stopped and smelled the air, "Mmmm, lasagna! Got any garlic bread?"

"You bet ya," Bob answered, "They're strapped to my shins."

Perry just nodded satisfied before saying, "I'll be right back. Save me the greasiest piece!"

We all just looked at her disgusted as she started towards the hydroloop. Then, Leo and I walked over to her with Bree and Chase behind us. I grabbed her shoulder and asked, "So where are you off to, Perry?"

"And how long can you stay there?" Leo added from beside me.

The two of us high fived as Perry looked at us annoyed. She answered, "Your cheap father forgot to pay the trash bill. I am so sick of working for a guy who won't let me throw trash in the ocean!"

To make things even worse, she pulled a tissue out of her pocket, blew her nose very loudly, and threw it on the floor. We all looked even more disgusted as she got onto the hydroloop. I swear, whenever I think that Perry can't get any worse, she always finds a way to prove me wrong.

As soon as the hydroloop left the island, Douglas came into the room holding a small device in his hand. He held it up and said to us, "Guys, check it out! This is going to change our bionic academy forever!"

We walked over to him, and I crossed my arms while I looked at the small device. I asked him unimpressed, "A scanner is going to change the academy forever?"

He just gave me an annoyed look before telling me, "It's not a scanner! I found a way to replicate Chase's bionic intelligence."

Our eyes widened in surprise as Chase asked Douglas, "What?"

"Yeah. Remember how Giselle Vickers wanted to give your intelligence to all of her androids? Well, this intelligence duplicator," He said while eyeing me, "will wirelessly add it to everyone's chip."