Closet Confessions

"I hope to see you around," Vic called over his shoulder, giving me one last smile before twurling his stress ball in the air. I couldn't even really respond I mean he's just so... yeah. It's pretty hard to leave me with a loss for words so props to him.

***

"Vic Fuentes huh?" Alex smiled, pushing his back against the recliner. The room, a study that we were in, was full of entertainment systems and huge couches and chairs. I leaned over the arm of the couch and looked at him, an uneasy feeling sat in the pit of my stomach.

"You're thinking Alex, let it spill." Alex looked at me uneasily but covered his expression up with an easy wave.

"It's really nothing I just never heard of a guy named Vic Fuentes going here." Alex had a point, this college is small and you get to know everyone pretty quickly through dinner, parties and classes. I brushed the weird feeling off. He's probably just a transfer student or he doesn't like to go to parties, nothing wrong with being a little anti-social.

Alex and I talked about nothing for a long time and then studied for our respected tests; we decided that this would be the first real meeting of the mentally ill. We truly were becoming best friends; nothing connects two people more than being in a psych ward.

***

Tay doesn't even look at me anymore, she most have found out that I've been spending a lot of time with Alex, it's not like him and I are making out or anything. She has no right to be mad, I told myself as I walk back to our dorm room but I know that's not true, I'd be kind of mad if my best friend was constantly with my ex. Great now I feel like a horrible person.

I unlocked our door and saw that Tay wasn't there so I breathed a sigh of relief and tripped over the rug near the door, the usual. This time there was a piece of paper lying on the floor though. It had a number on it. I examined it closely, looking for a name.

Vic Fuentes- your library buddy

I found myself smiling. A boy gave me his number! Wow I sound so girly but I mean I am gay so I feel like it's not too too weird.

I needed to text him, I needed to. I didn't want to seem desperate though, oh God what do I do? I sat on my bed, bouncing my leg up and down as I added his number into my phone. I'd have to get up the nerve to actually text him which knowing me might take awhile.

***

I ended up not texting him for a few days. I waited and waited just because I didn't know what to say. Should I put hi or hello? My racing thoughts jumped around in my skull, giving me instant headaches whenever I thought about it. I went to class, napped and withdrew to my room the whole week; I didn't even talk to Alex or Tay. I get like this someties though so I'm not too worried. These things are pretty common when you're sick.

A few days after Alex and Tay split Tay got a new boyfriend. His name was Zack and he was a pretty okay guy, he wasn't Alex though. My heart broke for Alex, the boy who wouldn't go to parties because he didn't want to meet girls or guys, and who has been praying every moment for Tay to come back.

Alex and I stopped our mentally ill meetings for a few days; we were both so busy with tests. It was a Friday night when I sat on my bed waiting for Alex to come over and watch A Clockwork Orange. He was late and I was bored. There was a knock on the door, which is weird because Alex never really knocks. "Come in!" I yelled, not bothering to get up because once I hop up on my raised bed there is no way I'm hopping down.

The knocking stopped as I heard a muffled thump like something hitting the floor. The footsteps got quieter and quieter; I waited until they were gone completely before I reluctantly got up to check out what was going on out of curiousity.