Stick The Landing

I started my mending with Alex. He seemed to be the easiest to talk to and I was still kinda drunk. Damn if my parents could see me now...

We got back to his dorm room around midnight. I went to get him ice for his eye but all I could really think about was getting out of these beer soaked clothes. For some reason I felt a little self concious all of a sudden. Weird.

 “Ouch,” he grimaced as the ice hit his swollen eye.

 “I’m so sorry, so so sorry Alex. I didn’t mean for any of this to happen. Vic was out of control. And I mean I'm pretty stupid and I guess kind of a slut and I was drunk and damn you got Vic good in the jaw.” I was rambiling, someone save me.

 “It’s fine Kellin, I'm not a baby that you need to worry about. I can hold my own.” Well I guess he did do okay, if I was up against Vic I would have probably just closed my eyes and threw my arms around in hopes of hitting him.

 “Just want to make sure you’re okay.” I held the ice pack up to his eye. I still felt horrible. I don’t know why anyone would get in a fight over me. I mean come on... I'm me. “Do you want me to leave Alex, because I will.” He was acting so cold to me so I didn't want to annoy him more than I had to.

“Yeah I think you should leave for the night.” He said, looking at me. I pretended not to care but I felt a fleeting sense of being hurt before masking it with a nod.

 “Well okay.” I grabbed my phone and some clothes figuring I would put them on wherever I was going to stay. Probably under a bridge I mean I don't have any friends anymore. I flung the bag over my shoulder and went to the door.

 I remained indiffrent. Push it all aside and keep walking.

The only place I could think to go was Vic’s apartment. I would go back to my own dorm room but it was nearing 1am and I didn’t want to disturb Tay. I honestly really miss her but that would have to wait till later.

 I made my way through the snow, my arms wrapped tightly around my chest. It was cold and I definitely wasn’t dressed for the weather plus I was still showered in beer. At this point I was shivering, my teeth chattering with the cold. It had to be 10 degrees out tonight and my body wasn’t having that. I was focusing on my cold nose and that’s probably why I didn’t notice the huge spot of black ice on the pathway in front of me. Oh Jesus.

 I fell. Like I mean really fell. My legs came out from under me and my arms went out to break my fall. It didn’t work. I landed straight on my back, all the air leaving my lungs at once. A shot of pain went from my legs all the way up to my head. I laid there for a few seconds then tried to balance myself, getting slowly to a sitting position. I held onto the back of my head, it hurt like a bitch. My arms and legs were all torn up, red patches forming in numerous places. I let go of the back of my head to brush some snow off my leg when I saw blood on my hand. The rusty liquid covered my fingers and seeped through them, hitting the pure white snow under me. My bag laid a few feet away so I scrambled to get it. I took my cellphone out with shaky hands as I felt the blood soak my hair. Well shit. Point 1 for ice.

I called Vic. Air seemed harder to find and I was starting to see black.

 “Hello?” Vic said through the speaker. His voice was clogged with sleep. I didn’t answer right away because words were getting hard to say. "Kellin?” Vic was up now, his voice worried.

"Come find me asshole," I mumbled before letting some of the black take over. Was I going to pass out? "Seriously I'm dying slowly, you'll be responsible." I hung up after letting those last words out. All of a sudden I felt it take over my body as I passed out.