You're Cute

I'm just going to start out by saying that I'm a girl when it comes to getting ready especially for a first date.

I looked horrible, truly ugly. I took a shower and washed myself quickly, my hands already shaking from nervous butterflies. After my shower I tried to tame my hair and make it as straight as possible because it looks way better that way. I really need a haircut; by now my hair was hanging down close to my shoulders.I don't remember the last time I had butterflies like this and it was really freaking me out. I'm usually calm and collected not a scared little bitch.

With an hour to spare a knock on the door came.

"Hey," Alex said awkwardly, leaning against the door jam.

"Hey Alex," I said, choking back the fact that he really, really, looked good in a baseball tee.

"I was just wondering if you wanted to watch a movie tonight? I've been having a rough day and I just figured..." He cut out slowly, looking down at the floor. I felt his nervous energy vibrate against my own. I couldn't let the poor kid hanging, if he needed me he was going to get me.

"Sure um how about 9 or 10? I just have this dinner thing soon... so." I swallowed, wanting to just jump on him and make him feel okay, make me feel okay. I watched a slow lopsided smile change his features from down and dark to instantly handsome. He looked good with a smile like damn.

We said our goodbyes and I went back to getting ready. I decided on a Blink 182 shirt, a red beanie, and black skinny jeans. Well here goes nothing I guess. Deep breathes.

***

"Hey Kellin," I looked up and pushed my hair out of the way to see a smiling Vic looking at me.

He looked great and I mean that 100%. His long hair was straightened under his beanie and he had a black button up on that hugged his body. I tried not to drool but I wasn't overly successful. Damn Kell pull yourself together.

"Hey Vic," I coughed, feeling my throat clog up. He laughed; he knew that I was uncomfortable; he knew that I really liked him.

We made our way to the back of the crowded cafeteria where a small two person table was open. He even pulled my chair out for me. What a gentleman treating his lady right.

We talked for a while after getting our food. We talked about school and how much I hate math and that he loves to read. Vic left the table at one point to get something and I just felt an overwhelming butterfly feeling take up my stomach. I really liked this kid and that's not really a good thing. I self consciously pulled at my shirt wishing I was a buff guy who has toned abs but let's be honest I'm not.

"So I brought something," he said, returning to the table with his bookbag. I looked over at him as he pulled two shot glasses and a flask out of the bag.

"Really?" I laughed. "In here? There are so many people and I'm not exactly drinking age." He just winked and poured me a shot.

"Come on Kellin, it's Jameson it's our celebratory drink of meeting each other." I rolled my eyes but took the shot anyway, looking around to make sure no school officials were watching. I'm in college so what do I care? The liquid slid down my throat slowly leaving me coughing. I hate straight liquor it's way too harsh. Someone hand me a beer.

He gave me a smile, taking it with ease as if it was water.

"Ready to go?" he said, pushing his chair back before I had the chance to answer. Assertive, I like it. This boy was really starting to grow on me.

He walked me back to my room, a slow walk so we could talk more. When we got back Vic leaned against the door jam, blocking my way into the room.

"I would love to get to know you more." He smiled a toothy smile that was way past adorable. Help my heart is melting.