Drink, Drank, Drunk?

When I got back to Alex’s room I was calmed down a little bit. Alex was sprawled out on his floor half-awake with a huge biology book in his hands

  “Alex?” He stirred and woke up, looking up at me through blurry eyes

   “Yeah?”

 “Can you sleep in your bed tonight with me?” I asked trying to keep the tears from coming back. God I must be a real baby. It just sucks that Vic basically said he only talked to me because of my scars. It makes me feel horrible knowing that I'm a project

 “Your boyfriend won’t mind?” he said getting up from the floor. He was going to say more but he saw my broken expression.

 “He’s not my boyfriend,” I stated blankly. I didn't want to get into it. Not now at least. With that I crawled in bed not even bothering to climb out of my clothes. Alex got into bed with me, not willing to say anything more on the issue. I cuddled against him not caring that I shouldn't get attached. I just needed the comfort right now. 

 “Want to hear something funny?” Alex whispered in my ear as I started to tear up. I nodded, needing a distraction before I started to cry like a child all over again. “I’m afraid of water. I hate it. Do you know I have no idea how to swim?” Alex whispered. There was a smile in his voice. “Don’t tell anyone.” I laughed and with that we both fell asleep. We held onto each other and tried to hold everything in our lives together, in one perfect little form that wouldn’t come crashing down on us.

***

The week went by slowly but after a few quizzes, a paper, and a few aches of my heart the week ended and it was Friday. It snowed all week so Alex, Jack and I were holed up inside their room, staring out at the fresh snow. We decided that we both had the right to get out tonight. That’s when Alex, Jack, and I decided that a party at the infamous soccer player’s house The Net would be fun.

 ***

  I got a chance to go back to my own room when Tay was at volleyball practice. I grabbed a red flannel that I owned and my black skinny jeans. Alex and I decided that we wanted to look our best. If there were going to be rumors about us seeing each other then we might as well make them believable. I got ready and I could honestly say I looked pretty hot. The girls would swoon over me if everyone here didn't know I was gay. Hey, confidence is sexy.

 I left with a smile and ran, I mean really ran, into a startled Tay. “What the hell,” she huffed before looking up. When she did actually look her face changed from annoyance to hate.

 “What are you doing here Kellin?” She stepped back from me with her hands on her hips, classic Tay the sass queen.

  “I was getting ready to go out.”

 “You’re going out? Really now, you never go out.” She looked dumbfounded which gave me some kind of sick pleasure. I'm turning evil.

  “You see Taylor I’m going to The Net and I hope to see you there tonight.”

 And with that I walked away. I felt self-pride swell inside my chest. Yo go bro! Show the bitch what's up. I decided on the walk back to Alex's room that tonight was going to be the night I forget about Vic and Tay.

 I made my way back to Alex’s room around 9. The parties here usually started around 10, so I’ve heard. Jack was pretty big on the party scene and he knew everyone. I felt my phone vibrate right when I was walking into the boy’s dorm.

 Vic: Please forgive me. Seriously Kellin just come over

 Me: Sorry. Busy.