Like The Bed?

It was snowing outside a day later, the ground being coated with a white blanket. I had the overwhelming desire to run out of Alex's door and step on the unimpressioned snow. There's something about seeing something beautiful like the snow that makes me want to destroy it.

I've missed Vic all day but he didn't text me so I wasn't going to be the first to break the silence. I know I know I'm being a girl but it's just how it is.

I AM an English major though and the desire to write Vic a letter was too much for me. The only problem is that I have no idea where he lives. I know it's at one of the apartments but there are quiet a few of them. Road trip.

I buttoned up my coat as I walked to the apartments, a far walk all the way in the back hills of the campus. It was a pretty cool area, volleyball nets and a pond spanning out in front of the buildings.

I knocked on the first door and got four girls who were...overly bubbly. I mean like annoyingly sweet. Well they never heard of any Vic Fuentes so I moved on and got the same response from three other people before I knocked on the door of the apartment farthest away. No one answered. I had a feeling it was his place but I couldn't just slip a note under the door and have it be someone else's. So I did what any sensible person would do. I waited. I waited for a half hour before a guy on a bike stopped by. "You need anything?" He asked, skidding his bike up next to me.

"I was just looking for this guy named Vic Fuentes, do you know him? Please say you do because this is getting annoying and I want to make sure he's not a figment of my imagination."

"Oh Viccy? Yeah he lives in that apartment." He pointed to the one that I was sitting next to.

"How do you know him?" I asked, looking up at the tall boy with spikey hair. He had colorful tattoos all over his arms and looked like he was Hispanic much like Vic.

"I'm basically his roommate ."

"My name's Kellin," I said, getting up to shake his hand.

"I'm Jaime, nice to meet you." He was actually pretty cute in a punk way but I tried not to stare for too long.

"Are you staying here tonight?" I asked, shaking the dirt off my pants.

"Yeah, my real roommate is being a dick, he has dorm parties just about every night and I have a huge economy test to study for."

"Do you know when Vic will be back?" I asked, feeling the note in my pocket.

"No idea. I mean I do have the keys to the place if you want to wait for him but I know he has a ton of classes."

"Well thanks man." Jaime smiled and unlocked the apartment.

"I'm going inside for a little if you want to join me?" What to do, what to do? I had no more classes today other than good old Sullez, everything else was cancelled, so I did have a lot of time to kill and I was really interested about knowing more about Vic.

"Sure," I said, making my way into the small apartment. The walls where black while the carpet was an off color purple. There was a huge flat screen in the center of the room with rows and rows of movies under it. The kitchen was your standard white and black and it was actually clean for a guy's place, no pizza boxes or take out containers in sight. For some reason, in my head, Vic was messy and careless. I was glad to know that I was proven wrong.

"Do you mind if I look around?" Jaime shook his head.

"I don't see why not. If you're Vic's friend then you're a friend of mine." I smiled at him. I really liked this kid. He plopped on the couch like only a guy can do and started to watch TV so I figured this was my chance to explore.

Off to the left of the kitchen was a bathroom and the spare bedroom nothing fancy or special but it still had a homey feel to it. Way batter than my dorm so far.

I walked out through the living room and right through the kitchen to find what I'm assuming is Vic's room. On the purple walls dozens of band posters stared back at me. The black sheets of the bed looked like they were made of silk so I went over and felt the fabric while taking in the whole room. I scanned the posters on the wall seeing a big handmade sign that read Pierce The Veil.

I went to turn around when I came face to face with Vic. I knocked into him with force and his arms went out to steady me, he held my hips so I wouldn't fall. I couldn't really see his eyes because his beanie kinda slipped down over them but I could see his bright smile.

"Like the bed? By all means you're welcome to it Kells." I gulped, trying to hide my initial shock of him being home and scaring me to death.

"I'm really sorry. I just came here to give you a note and Jaime told me I could look around and..." I didn't really know what else to say. I felt so nervous and I have no idea why. I think I'm atleast half an inch taller than him but he did look like he had really strong arms.

Vic pushed his beanie out of his eyes and gave me another smile. His eyes slowly traveled up my body but I wasn't really self concious so I stayed calm. Look all you want man.

"Sneaking around in my room? Tisk tisk." He came closer to me and held my hand. "So what do you say Kells, you like the bed?" I could feel his breath on my face, he smelled like pure mint.

"Should I leave?" Jaime yelled from the living room, laughter in his voice. "Because I would hate to be interrupting something!" Vic smiled and looked at me.

"Should he leave?" He whispered into my hair.

"No Jaime," I choked out, finally finding my voice, "I'm the one who's leaving."

Vic gave me his best puppy dog face and I was about to give but I really did have some studying to do before dinner rolled around.

"I should probably go," I mumbled as he kissed my neck. He did pull away though, giving me one last smile as I quickly walked out of his bedroom.

"See ya later Kellin!" Jaime called from the couch.

"Yeah man, nice to meet you."

I barely left that place with my sanity. I was all shaken up, like the way you feel when you walk into a room full of people that you don't know. Vic has some weird effect on me and I'm not sure if I like it yet.

***

"This ice cream is the bomb man like seriously," I said through the pieces of cone in my mouth. I was obviuosly talking to no one because Alex didn't even hear me over his music. He just walked back to his room while I stopped to chill out in front of The Commons.

I was so focused on the ice cream that I alomost didn't notice someone tapping on my shoulder. When I did notice though I turned around quickly, coming face to face with Vic. Again.

"Can we go on a date?" Vic asked randomly as I still recovered over the shock of being scared. "Also you're sleeping at my place I decided." I glared at him, throwing the end of the cone in his direction. It hit is cheek leaving some ice cream behind.

"Lick it off," he commanded, giving me an obviously fake stern look.

"No," I said stubbornly, sticking my tongue out at him.

"Kellin..." Vic warned, grabbing my hips. "If you don't lick my face I refuse to take you to my favorite place on campus." I laughed at him but gave up, going to get rid of the ice cream but he turned his head quickly, pressing his lips to mine. I was a little shocked at first but I recovered quickly, deepening the kiss, hearing him lightly moan.

"We have time for this later," he mumbled against my lips, slowly pulling away. "But now we have to go somewhere before it gets too dark."

"Where?" I smiled, loving that he was still holding me close and that he obviously didn't care what people thought seeing as we were at the most popular place on campus.

"This place I like to call Dead Lover's Lane. You'll love it."