1: The Serpent of the North

"You weren't supposed to happen..people can't know about you." Those were the last words Lucius Malfoy said to his son, Tiberius. The only son the Ministry knew of was the one at Hogwarts, his name was Draco. Draco Malfoy wasn't much to look at. Tiberius had been keeping tabs on his younger brother. The boy was arrogant, cocky, and boastful. Too much like dad, he thought. All of his boasting meant nothing though. As he held the Daily Prophet in his hand Tiberius focused a cold gray eye on one person. The boy who's face was plastered on a side article. His eyes shifting as he stood tall in red and gold robes. A lightning bolt scar on his forehead. "Harry Potter." Tiberius couldn't wait to meet this boy.

The students of Durmstrang sat in the boat as it traveled through the cold ocean to Hogwarts. Tiberius was joined by two of his classmates, his closest friends Dimitri Bolton, and Helena Fenrir.  Dimitri played Quidditch with Tiberius, both of them tried and failed to make it to the World Cup, unlike Viktor Krum. Dimitri had dark hair, his eyes a glacier shade of blue as he leaned back in his seat. Nudging Tiberius with his elbow he looked at the copy of the Daily Prophet he'd been holding.
"Isn't that the Potter kid Ti?" He asked, his voice ringing with curiosity. Tiberius looked at his friend slowly nodding his head. Dimitri laughed. Joking with Helena who sat across from him. Dimitri was a troublemaker, always had been. From kissing girls after dark arts classes to causing fights during a Bulgarian Quidditch match. Mischief was something he was proficient in.
"The kid isn't competing Ti, he's too young. Besides, you should be looking forward to seeing all of the cute girls that'll be there. The Beauxbatons ladies are coming and I'm taking one. You could see me with one of those cuties right?" Tiberius laughed, Helena laughed a long with him. Tiberius looked at his bold and mischievous friend. "Those Beauxbatons girls aren't easy to win over. If you do take one of them to the Yule Ball I'll give you ten gallons and do your homework."

The ship breached the surface with a  boom. They'd reached the school faster than Tiberius had expected. Headmaster Igor stood in front of us all, stepping out of his office. His long dark hair tied in a ponytail, his vicious dark eyes scanned the boat. "Durmstrang, we are here. Here at this tournament we shall claim victory, our power shall be know and respect assured. Now depart to the castle!" He shouted. Krum, the favorite stepped off the boat after him. When it was his time Tiberius walked off the boat with Dimitri and Helena as the students marched into the castle.
Thank Merlin, Tiberius thought. Once the introductions were over everyone sat in the Great Hall Of Hogwarts to feast. Igor had the students sit with the "Pure Serpents". The Slytherin students seemed to be fascinated by us. Asking questions about the castle, and our studies. One person in particular was practically drooling over a certain Durmstrang by the name of Viktor. It was pathetic actually. The boy was reveling in Viktor's adoring fans and celebrity status. Wishful thinking, Tiberius thought with a smug expression. His gray eyes focused on the boy like a hunter spotting his prey. A man in dark robes placed a hand on his left shoulder. Tiberius looked over his shoulder seeing the only familiar face he knew here.
"Good to see you again Severus."
Severus Snape, the man who was a friend to the Malfoys, even Tiberius himself. Shape said nothing, but rather made a motion with his hand suggesting that Tiberius follow him outside. Helena watched him leave, he knew he'd be answering her questions once he got back. Snape stood across from the door as they were out in the hall free to speak openly.
"What's stopping me from telling him who I am? From exposing the secret of the family tree ?" Tiberius sneered. Snape raised his nose looking at him.
"Me" he spat confidently. "Tiberius, now is not the time. If you do this here, and now you will destroy the boy. You will destroy your family!" Tiberius laughed softly. His lips curled into a smile as he held out an arm, touching Snape's shoulder. "Severus, I refuse to hide any longer. He cannot send me to the shadows of the frozen north and expect to keep me hidden forever. If my arrival shames him, and the truth comes out so be it." Tiberius turned for the door looking over his shoulder one last time to see Snape hanging his head low. "The only question you need to ask yourself Severus is how long you will support him?"

It was the shock of a century! Every Durmstrang student was choking on their words when Harry Potter was declared a champion for the tournament. Of course headmaster Igor found a way to spit on this. He cried and screamed fowl until the first task. Potter barely made it out alive, Someone was helping him. Tiberius knew that much, it was obvious. Potter was a doe-eyed fourth year. Sure, he was talented and seemed to find himself winning against impossible odds. It was safe to say no one expected him to actually make it out alive. There were definitely a few people who wanted him to lose. Then of course there was Tiberius' kid brother who seemed to loathe his existence. Something told him that the feeling was mutual between those two. Walking throughout the castle Tiberius was joined by Helena, her arm wrapped in his. The two were enjoying the new castle, and meeting the freeing students here.
Tiberius stopped as he saw Potter talking with a girl over one of the castles bridges. Helena of course tugged at his arm. "Berius, don't! Headmaster Igor doesn't want us interfering with the champions. Let the boy revel in his win." Helena, always confident. It was one of the many things he loved about her. Placing a gentle kiss on her cheek Tiberius walked away approached Potter and the girl. "Congratulations, You're very daring Potter. I don't know many people who'd take on a dragon with just a broom and their nerve." Potter nodded his head, thankful for the compliment. His eyes locked with Tiberius. the poor kid is probably terrified of me, he thought. The girl took a protective stance between the two of them.
"You aren't going to intimidate us! I hope this wasn't Krum's idea." She scolded. Tiberius smiled, shaking his head from side to side. "Relax, Viktor has nothing to do with this. I've just come over to see what all the fuss is about and congratulate your champion." Tiberius held out a hand, offering Potter a kindly, warm smile. He watched Potter relax before shaking his hand.
As Tiberius walked back to Helena who was watching the situation like a hawk the girl, Hermione chased after him. "Wait, wait!" Tiberius looked over his shoulder at the girl. "I saw you..with Professor Snape. In the Great Hall during dinner the night you arrived. Do you two," Tiberius smiled before cutting her off mid sentence.
"Let's just say Severus is a family friend. A friend who owes me. Don't worry Ms. Granger you have nothing to worry about. Think of me as a familiar face that's just passing through." Tiberius turned on his heels bowing to the young girl before leaving. He returned to Helena's side taking her arm. Brushing a hand through his blonde hair as they walked away.

Cedric Diggory died, killed by lord Voldemort himself prior to his resurrection. Tiberius stood outside of the room as Snape held a wand to Barty Crouch Jr, keeping the death eater restrained while Dumbledore and McGonagall notified Azkaban. Headmaster Igor was nowhere to be found, probably in hiding if Tiberius had to guess. Yet all of his snooping had left him here, in the office of the Hogwarts head master with Severus. Dumbledore and Mcgonagall walking in staring at him curiously. This was exactly what Tiberius wanted. To expose the truth to one of the most influential and greatest wizards of all time. Albus Dumbledore.
Out of the corner of his eye Snape stood to his left. He had already cautioned young Tiberius to hide himself while he was here. Go under a false name, lie. Too bad for Snape Tiberius wasn't one to follow the rules, and he wasn't obligated to listen to him. Not anymore.

Dumbledore looked him over, scanning Tiberius from head to toe. From his Durmstrang uniform to his cold gray eyes and thick blonde hair hanging from the top of his head as it was shaved on the sides. "I've seen you walking throughout the castle young man. You and another Durmstrang woman seem to be very interested in our grounds, too
interested. Who are you?"