3: Choosing a Side

Tiberius read the news in the Daily Prophet. He was so shocked he had to read the headline twice to be certain it was real. His father, Lucius Malfoy had been arrested. There was a break in at the department of mysteries, something concerning the Great Prophecy of Harry Potter. After the Triwizard Tournament Tiberius decided to refrain from giving Potter his aid. His life had it's own complications these days.
Tiberius was at home, his childhood home. A large manor in the frozen icy mountains. He paced outside his mother's bedroom, afraid to see her. During his graduation from Durmstrang after his return his home was attacked, and his mother suffered. Damn you Snape, he thought. Tiberius didn't care for sides. Good, bad, none of that matter. All that mattered was doing what was right for him. Right now that meant caring for his mother.
Stepping outside the bedroom was Fleur DeLacour. The two of them had become good friends during the tournament. He had done what many of the boys failed to achieve during his time at Hogwarts; the attention of a Beauxbatons girl. She came to Tiberius, resting her head on his chest.
"I'm sorry. I've done what I can for her, but her wounds are too great. It's beyond my power." She confessed, eyes filled with sorrow.
Tiberius thanked her for trying. He knew what he was asking of her was too much. He tended to do that to those who cared for him. Which was why he was alone. Dimitri left for a career in Quidditch the second the Bulgarian team asked him to join. Then Helena. She was his dearest friend, perhaps they could've been more. But the two of them weren't talking, not since they returned from Hogwarts.
"Fleur, thank you for helping her. I'll take care of things from here." Tiberius' tone was deep, slightly cracking. His cold eyes staring into the family photo on the mantle. The photo was of a young Tiberius, and his mother Seras. A beautiful pale woman with dark hair, and hazel eyes that glowed like fire.
"Fleur, I know you and my Helena were fast friends during the tournament. She spoke very highly of you. If you see her, tell her I'm sorry for what I've done." Tiberius was also sorry for what he was about to do. As Fleur left Tiberius Disapperated. He knew where he was going. There was only one person he had to see.
Tiberius landed in the astronomy tower. He interrupted a conversation between Severus Snape and Dumbledore as both men looked at him in shock. "Tiberius, what are you," Dumbledore began to ask, but Tiberius cut him short. Drawing his wand Tiberius pointed the eight inch Dragon heartstring core wand at only one man; Severus Snape.
"You will come with now Severus. I don't care what you have planned. If you refuse I will kill you where you stand," Tiberius sounded cold, his words absolute. Tiberius wasn't his father, and he wasn't Draco. When he said he'd do something, he would do it. He didn't just get respect at Durmstrang, he won it. Only the strong survived there, he was one of then. Severus was caught off guard. He had no time to draw his wand. His hands raised in surrender.
"Tiberius, I cant help  you, not now," Tiberius shook his head, shouting with rage.
"Not me! My mother was attacked, she was struck by a curse and is in limbo. Save her. If you do this, I will owe you."  Before Severus could answer or act on the offer Dumbledore met Tiberius' eyes.
"We can both help you Tiberius. Your cause doesn't fall on deaf ears. First, we need to update you on the situation. You've been gone for almost a year young man. There's something you must be told." Tiberius lowered his wand as he met Dumbledore's eyes. Snape calmed down standing alongside Tiberius.
"What do I need to know? I've been aware of Voldemort's attacks for some time."
"You do not know this Tiberius," Snape chimed. Tiberius looked between the two men. His eyes finally resting on Dumbledore . "Then tell me. Don't mince your words." He said, his voice as always respectful.
Dumbledore nodded his head. "Voldemort has tasked an assassin to kill me. The one he has chosen is Draco Malfoy, your younger brother." Tiberius felt his heart skip as blood pounded in his ears.
"It's time Tiberius, you must choose a side. Whether you care for him or not your brother's life hangs in the balance."