8: Facing the Father

Tiberius and Draco stepped into Malfoy manor. If these walls could talk Tiberius would only hear pain. In the foyer the brothers could see Potter and his friends. No doubt the trio had been captured. Tiberius swore under his breath. Potter couldn't die, Dumbledore told him that. His words echoing in the young mans mind. Their presence here complicated things greatly. A one handed man took Potter and Weasley downstairs, leaving Ms. Granger alone with Bellatrix. The woman had gone psychotic after spending years in Azkaban. Her name along with her status as Death Eater was infamous.
She pinned young Hermione to the ground, knife in hand as she began screaming. Asking the poor girl questions about her vault at Gringots Bank.
Draco looked to
Tiberius for a split second before charging into the foyer from their hiding place in the hallway. Quickly the boy drew his wand, shooting the knife from Bellatrix's hand. Looking up at her young nephew she screamed.
"Draco!? How dare you draw your wand on me!" The little serpent barely had enough time to push Hermione aside before Bellatrix shot him, howling in laughter. "Crucio!" Draco fell to the floor crying out in pain, his body convulsing. Granger had a moment of freedom, rushing to the aid of Potter and Ron. Narcissa, Draco's mother cried out in a tearful protest.
"Bella please stop! He's just a boy,"
"A boy who needs to learn his place" Bellatrix snapped with a vicious snarl. Lucius looked to her with stern eyes. Bellatrix stopped the spell before taking a few steps back, laughing as Draco rose to his feet.
Tiberius walked in laughing with a sense of triumph as he stared down his father.
"Finally, Lucius Malfoy shows compassion for one of his sons. Thank Merlin." As Tiberius looked into his fathers eyes he saw his face become consumed by fear. To him Tiberius was a haunting malevolent specter returning from a time he forgot long ago. Bellatrix and Narcissa looked to Lucius in shock.
"Lucius who is he!?" Narcissa asked. "How did he get into our house"
"He knows who I am. Tell them Lucius, tell them who I am. Or would you like me to say it?"
"YOU ARE NOT REAL!" Lucius shouted. Hand reaching for his wand. Tiberius laughed.
"Oh I am very, very real old man. If you attempt to raise your wand I will show you how real I am."
"Lucius enough of this! End this stranger now. Potter is our only concern. We must not let him escape. If we call the dark lord without him he shall kill us. Bellatrix hissed.
Lucius froze. For the first time in his life he was consumed by fear. His mistake of Tiberius had now become his greatest fear. It was consuming his. Tiberius drew his wand faster than Bellatrix or Narcissa could see. "Sectumsempra!"
Lucius fell back, dropping to his knees. Violent cuts appearing on his face, blood staining his shirt. The curse was Severus' Tiberius had convinced the potions master to teach it to him. He learned it for this exact moment.
Potter and his friends escaped along with another girl and the Wandmaker Ollivander. Draco looked to his father in shock, but Tiberius pushed him back. "Little Serpent! Go with Potter, this doesn't concern you. We shall discuss this later."
"You can't" Draco shouted in protest.
"Now is not the time Draco. Get out of here." Tiberius scolded back.
Draco looked at his mother and father for brief moment before leaving with Potter.
Bellatrix shouted at Lucius, urging him to fight back. When he refused she disapperated in a plume Of black smoke. Leaving Tiberius standing over his father, Narcissa kneeling over him protectively. Her wand was raised to Tiberius. He looked at for a brief moment, letting out a simple sigh before running his fingers along his short beard.
"Narcissa Malfoy, you are an innocent. I hold no quarrel against you. For the sake of your son, my brother, I shall let you live. Lower your wand and leave here. Do not come back."
Narcissa's voice quivered when speaking to him.
"You can't, he is your father! If you kill him it'll destroy Draco. Our family will never be whole." Her pleading fell on deaf ears. Crocodile tears rushing down her cheeks as she let out a soft sob.
"Your family?" Tiberius began as he shook his head with disgust. "Your husband attacked my home, my mother in a catatonic state of limbo. He tortured your son right before your eyes, and abandoned me like I was trash. Yet you plead for his life speaking of family. Pathetic."
Narcissa cupped Lucius' head in her hands as he let out shallow breaths.
"Then do it boy! Kill me, I am defenseless and at your mercy." Lucius spat. Tiberius laughed at the man. He was broken. Finally the great Lucius Malfoy was showing his true colors. A pathetic cowering pureblood.
"Kill you? No, that'd be too easy. Death is a gift you are unworthy to receive. Instead I will destroy your spirit, and rip your house from its foundation."
Tiberius walked outside with Narcissa dragging the wounded Lucius as he struggled to walk.
Before their eyes Tiberius summoned red Fiendfyre, it took the shape of a great falcon. In one swoop the flaming bird rose in the air, flapping its wings before dive bombing into the house. The large Malfoy Manor, home to one of the last noble pureblood families was swallowed in flames. Tiberius smiled as he looked into his father's as watched in horror.
"Narcissa, go to Draco. Never forget this day." Tiberius said with caution. Eyes filled with tears the woman nodded her head before disdapperating, leaving Lucius alone. The man leaned against the iron gate clutching his left rib cage as he hung his head in shame.
Tiberius looked at the Malfoy who fathered him with victory and triumph. A glow of malice lingering in his eyes, his vow of vengeance and justice fulfilled. He leaned down, whispering in his ear.
"May I, and this moment haunt you for the rest of your pathetic life." Tiberius dissapperated, victory was his to enjoy.