Eyes, Ink and The Moon pt.1

((au where the first words your soulmate says to you are tattooed somewhere on your body but only you are able to see it.))

---------

"Hey nerd." Jennie says while ruffling up Rosé's hair and taking a seat beside her in the library. Rosé glared at her and muttered a greeting while fixing her hair and going back to doing her homework.

"What's with you? What did Lisa do this time?" Jennie inquired.

Rosé had always been a quiet girl but she's rarely unresponsive unless she's in a foul mood.

"Lisa isn't the one I'm mad at." Rosé whispers back.

"Huh? Then who? It can't be Jisoo. She can murder your entire family and you'll still forgive her and tell her how pretty she looks covered in their blood." Jennie said teasingly, taking out her own homework.

"It's you, you doy. I can't believe you forgot!" Rosé furiously whisper-shouted.

Jennie knew exactly what Rosé was talking about but feigned innocence because an angry Park Chaeyoung was rare and kinda hot, in her opinion.

"Umm.....happy birthday?"

That earned her a smack in the head with an extremely heavy textbook and a warning from the librarian about being too loud.

"Hey! What was that for?!" Jennie exclaimed softly , throwing a cautionary look at the  librarian.

"You know what." Chaeyoung hissed, not even looking at Jennie now.

Jennie let out a quiet laugh but immediately reined it in when Chaeyoung sent her a scalding look.

"Relax Rosie. I'm just kidding. I know what day it is and I also happen to have something special planned for later." Jennie said with a smug smile on her face.

Rosé looked at her suspiciously and was about to say something but Jennie broke her off.

"However, with the way you're treating me, I'm having second thoughts about actually going through it...." Jennie gave Rosé a sideways glance and saw her face wracked with guilt and sadness and her heart immediately melted at the sight.

"I'm sorry. You didn't even wish me when we met this morning..." Rosé sighed sadly but brightened up the moment Jennie gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Happy realization day, Rosie." Jennie whispered in Rosé's ear and was satisfied to see a faint blush and a small  smile on her face.

"Thank you." Rosé said gently while looking down. Jennie was grinning at how cute she was being and held Rosé's free hand under the table. One convenient thing about Rosie being a leftie is that they could comfortably hold hands under the table while eating or doing homework, in this case.

What Jennie didn't expect was when Rosé shyly took both their intertwined hands and placed a chaste and soft kiss on Jennie's knuckles and then immediately went back to doing her homework.

"You too." She said so quietly that if Jennie wasn't super hyper aware of Rosie next to her,then she wouldn't even have caught it.

Both of them continued doing their homework in peace, the incident that brought them together on their minds the whole time.

***

Rosé was 14 years old when she moved to New Zealand from Australia with her family. She wasn't one who cared a lot about what strangers thought about her but she was a tad bit worried about whether she was gonna fit in at her new school, with kids her age all around her.