You're Mine.

AU where every person is assigned their own Cupid angel at birth that guides them to their soulmate and only they can see their own Cupid.

*****

It was quite a hectic day up in the sky, within the clouds. The whole kingdom was assembled inside the royal palace for a very crucial meeting.

"Your highness, I simply cannot bear to spend another fruitless year finding that human's non-existent soulmate. Please assign me another human." Cupid Roseanne was on her knees in front of the queen, Aphrodite.

"Roseanne, my child, I am incapable of doing that. Every human has a soulmate. You must try to search harder." Aphrodite replied calmly.

"But I am! I try extremely hard, your highness. Day and night, I search for whomever will steal my human's heart. I have travelled the whole world but alas, they have not been found. What other conclusion can be made of this, my queen, except that she has none?" Roseanne said.

The queen paused, contemplating a thought. After a while, she gave a small nod to herself, as if approving her own idea and then spoke up.

"I have a suggestion, my dear. How about you personally go down to Earth and see about this matter? Perhaps you're just not looking closely enough. Sometimes, even if we travel land and sea, what we are looking for end up being right under our noses the entire time." Aphrodite said with a knowing smile.

Roseanne seemed to consider this for a while. Although she had no interest in wasting her time on this particular human, she couldn't outright refuse a suggestion from the queen herself. So she agreed.

This is how she found herself residing in a moderate house on Earth with her best friend, Lisa. She thought it'd be best if she brought another Cupid with her for some more insight.

"Gosh, I hate this. We're doing all this extra and unnecessary work just for one human. It's not a problem if she doesn't have a soulmate. Maybe she just doesn't want one." Roseanne complained.

"Rosé, you know it doesn't work like that. We don't get assigned to people without soulmates. This has never happened before." Lisa said, flopping down on the couch and switching on the T.V. Most Cupid's knew how to operate modern technology due to the fact that their humans were mostly teenagers.

"But enough about that. I wanna know why you're not calling her by her name. You've been with her for ages."

"I just.....I don't like her." Rosé said reluctantly, but even as she said it she knew it wasn't true.

"Bullshit, dude. You like her enough alright. I mean, I get that you're her Cupid and all but watching her sleep? A bit unnecessary, I think." Lisa said, innocently raising her eyebrows at her best friend.

"Ugh. Just drop it. I'm gonna go arrange my room. I feel like we're gonna be here for a while."

                              _____________

"This is it, Roseanne." Lisa said, standing in front of the huge gates of Moonrise Academy.

"Let's go find your gal." And with that, they both ventured into the school, head held high even though all eyes were on them. Aside from being new students, them being drop dead gorgeous didn't help the stares at all.

They had printed out identical schedules that was the same as Jennie Kim's, Rosé's human.

Rosé had been with Jennie ever since she was born. She couldn't remember a time when she wasn't watching over Jennie. Aside from the last six months where she'd been travelling the world in search of Jennie's soulmate.