Eyes, Ink and The Moon pt.2

"I can't believe we managed to spend a whole three months knowing we were each other's soulmates and not even acknowledging it. How did we survive?" Rosé said.

"Well, in my defense, I was absolutely convinced that due to a sick twist of fate, I wasn't your soulmate. I mean, my first words to you were not exactly.......soulmate-y." Jennie answered while walking alongside Rosé through the campus grounds. They were venturing towards the bench they always sat at.

"I'd never been more elated to learn that there was ink on my face until that moment." Rosé chuckled while remembering the memory.

"Hey losers. What are you laughing about?" Lisa said, catching up and joining them when they reached the bench.

"You guys are late." Jisoo, who was already at the bench, informed them, not taking her eyes off the book she was reading.

Jisoo was a senior student whom the trio had befriended during a school trip. She was supposed to take care of them but they somehow convinced her that sneaking out for a midnight snack while everyone else was asleep was an amazing idea. Jisoo could not say no to the attack of three simultaneous puppy dog eyes. That, and also food. After that, Jisoo became one of their closest friends. She'd act like a total mom at times but then did a complete 180 and acted like a whole entire baby. The trio loved her immensely and she loved them.

"A queen is nev--"

"I swear to god Lisa, if you're about to drop that princess diaries line again I will actually kick you." Jennie said while rolling her eyes and dragging Rosé to sit down next to her.

"What's wrong with princess diaries?" Lisa pouted.

"Nothings wrong with it. We're afraid you might curse the entire movie and everyone who starred in it if you mention it too many times." Jisoo replied coolly.

"Hey! Why are you guys so mean?" Lisa whined like a child and the rest laughed at her expense.

"I'm not mean to you, Lisa." Rosé said while patting Lisa's head.

"Please. You're the meanest amongst them all!" Lisa said while mock-glaring at Rosé.

"Nobody will believe you." Rosé stage whispered while leaning in close to Lisa.

"Ugh get away from her, you might get cooties." Jennie said to Rosé and practically sat her on Jennie's lap.

"Anyway, we were just talking about how long we waited until we had the whole soulmate talk." Rosé said, putting her head on Jennie's shoulder. Jennie began lightly stroking Rosé's hair which caused her to involuntarily close her eyes.

She thought about the day they finally talked about it. And she smiled. Because it might as well have been the best day of her life.

***

Rosé was laying on Jennie's bed, scrolling through her phone and waiting for Jennie to come back with Lisa. Since it was the mid term holidays, the trio decided to have a sleepover at Jennie's house. Rosé was especially excited since she had never been to a sleepover before.

She heard Lisa's loud voice even while the door was closed and Jennie's exasperated sigh following not long after Lisa obnoxiously laughed at something. A horrible joke she made, Rosé was sure.

"Hey Chaeyoung! You're already here!"

"Yeah, because she's not a lazy bum like you. Seriously, couldn't you have opened the door by yourself?" Jennie groaned while flopping down next to Rosé on the bed.