Arc 1 - Chapter 1 "Unfortunate Fate"

I'm a typical high school student named Shinzo Kounna. Akihiko, a former classmate, met me once while I was out purchasing food at a convenience store.

Akihiko: Kouna, you scumbag! My family wouldn't be living in poverty if you had allowed me to win the contest. And now that she was no longer able to tolerate it, my mother killed herself!

Shinzo :I am sorry about your mother. I am aware. But as you are aware, I was in desperate need of cash at the time because my father was ill and-

Akihiko: So what? We agreed that, in the event that one of us won the competition, the prize money would be split equally.

Shinzo: That is, in fact, my fault, sorry. Bu-

Akihiko: Just shut the fuck up and die!

(In order to shoot Shinzo, Akihiko pulled a gun from his jacket.)

Akihiko: You jerk, pay with your life!

Shinzo: Hey! Hey! Wait! We can discuss this! It is not necessary to-

(Akihiko didn't listen and shot at Shinzo)

(Shinzo's POV)

Because of a pathetic commitment I made with this maniac, this is how I would die.

. . . . . . . .?!

Huh? What the hell is going on because the bullet that was supposed to hit me is now trapped where it was supposed to be. Has time stopped? I wouldn't sound smart, haha. Holy crap, time stopped. I suppose I'm okay for the time being.

I had no idea Akihiko would go too far with this. I know I'm in the wrong here, but we weren't friends, and he was the reason why my only friend was subjected to bullying to the point that she killed herself.

We only became close because I gave him some money when he was in need; he was unaware that I was a friend of one of his victims.

(Several hours have elapsed.)

Thankfully, I had eaten before leaving, as I'm still stuck here. Even though I tried to sleep, I was unable to do so because of my anxiety.

(The ground trembles.)

Woah! What the hell is going on? a light suddenly appeared in front of me. Is the light getting bigger and bigger, or is it just me?

Girl's voice: Hey! Thus, Shinzo, you are to blame for the issue in the spiritual realm.

Shinzo: I was just in front of a massive light, and now I can hear voices. Am I nuts or what?

Goddess Eleonora: Eleonora, the goddess of the ground, is who I am. I've come over to let you know what's going on right now.

Shinzo: I am, indeed, insane. In front of me, a light is pretending to be a god

Goddess Eleonora: You're not crazy, I assure you! I am here.

Shinzo: Indeed, you are there. How in the world am I meant to locate you when I can't even see you!

Goddess Eleonora: You make a valid point, but your current circumstance is all that matters.

Shinzo: Yes, I was scheduled to pass away, but you guys took action. Such a waste of my 0.00001 second of flashbacks before dying.

Goddess Eleonora: You are the son of the Goddess of Wind, and we must abide by the instructions of her final will and testament.

Shinzo: Wait! Do you know my mother?

Goddess Eleonora: Of course who doesn't know her. The only female human to ascend to godhood. She was the strongest human to live in her era. Not only that she was also ranked third as the fastest hero to defeat the adversary on her planet. She became the wind deity and then became the goddess of wind within only two years of her time. Hey! Are you even listening?