XII

They say when you remove the toxins out of your life, you start growing and glowing

They say when you remove the toxins out of your life, you start growing and glowing. Well, that statement couldn't have been more accurate.

The day after the argument with Terror, everything changed. I acted like he was invisible.

I cooked for myself, and Kairi, and threw away the leftovers so he would never think he was thought of.

When I saw him, I looked the other way, and I didn't dare use anything he ever gave me.

Instead of driving the Jeep, I had Drew as a personal chauffeur, and in a matter of days, he would no longer be picking me up 10 minutes away from Terror's but instead from Lake View apartment complex.

Over the weeks, I had grown closer to Drew.

We hadn't done half the things Terror and I did together, but for once in a relationship, I felt like I wasn't the only one in it, giving my all to get nothing in return.

Drew was sweet, and he understood my predicament, and didn't pressure me into anything I wasn't comfortable with.

I was content, and for once in my life I was happy knowing that the man I had feelings for wasn't out making me look like an idiot.

Of course at times it was hard to keep my composure, seeing Terror walking around, especially when a female was on his arm.

But the more company he brought around, the more I realized that not once had he ever taken me seriously.

And I won't say 'fuck love' or 'niggas ain't shit', because some of them are, especially the one who sat before me.

He was THE shit.

"Come lay down bae." He smiled my way and I gushed as I went to join him in his king sized bed. It hadn't been my first time at his place, but it was my first time being tangled in his sheets.

I laid my head on his chest before smiling up at him. I felt like a little girl all over again.

He looked over at me for a second before pecking my lips. "You're so beautiful man."