||20.||

•||Ch20: Kiss to keep her quiet||•

||Arash POV||

I woke up and looked down at my butterfly and kissed her forehead. I stood up carefully and put her on the couch. Mom was right she was not like Neha.

I walked out of the theater room and went to my room for the washroom then I went straight to the kitchen. I made pancakes for Mirha and put it on the table.

“This smell makes me more hungry,” I heard Mirha.

She entered in the kitchen and looked at the pancakes with a grin. She looked up at me for permission.

“This is all yours. You don't have to ask,” I told her moving closer to her.

I pulled her to the table in front and pulled a chair out for her. She sat on the chair and without wasting a second, she dug in.

“You are the best chef,” She said, happily and ate them.

My lips curled up in a smile. In a day, she made me smile umpteenth times. She stopped and moved the spoon to my lips. I opened my mouth and ate it.

After she ate, I washed the dishes and went out of the kitchen. The door of the house was opened and Mirha was sitting on the step of stairs. I joined her.

“Thank you, Ali!” She whispered.

I turned to her in confusion. She was staring ahead in front of her.

“For yesterday. For holding me last night. For listening me last night,” She said and looked at me with a smile.

“You don't have to. It's my duty,” I told her standing up.

I put my hand in front of her and she took it.

“Please don't change yourself,” She whispered.

I kissed her head and squeezed her hand.

“I am trying my best. I promise you I will not,” I promised her pulling her inside.

My phone buzzed in my pocket. I pulled it out and saw a message from mom.

Mom: We have dinner out with your in laws, more like a party. Be there at time. No excuse. And bring a gift for Mirha’s parents. Today is their anniversary.

Me: OK!

“Who is it?” Mirha asked.

“Mom. We have a party tonight,” I informed her.

“Party?” She asked in confusion.

“Your parents anniversary,” I answered with a frown.

Seemed like she forgot.

“Oh shot!” She mumbled.

She quickly ran up to the stairs and yelled,