5 - A date at the ice rink

Warning! "Frozer" spoilers below!

Everything went wrong! Cat Noir was so disappointed that he wanted to destroy half of Paris with his "CATaclysm". Or at least the Eiffel Tower. Or just to kick the wall to break his toe. Perhaps the physical pain would drown his broken heart.

He had been so hopeful! After yesterday's events, especially how Ladybug had looked at him, after her promise, after the hope awakened after the conversation with Marinette... And all for nothing! Ladybug refused to accept his rose, his confession, his love... She behaved completely differently than he'd expected. Completely different than Marinette had suggested!

In the end Ladybug dispelled all his hopes by saying that there was no chance that she would change the target of her feelings. So, maybe it was the right time for him to do it? How long could you wait for impossible?

Adrien didn't have even a chance to talk about it with anyone – and that was the worst. Only Kagami – after defeating him during the fencing classes – showed him some empathy. Quite a lot of empathy for Kagami, to be honest. She even accepted the despised rose. She almost suggested... Wait, wait a moment! Maybe it wasn't a bad idea?

"It's a bad idea." Plagg dispelled Adrien's hopes immediately.

"Maybe Kagami is right. Maybe I should change the target."

"But: Ka-Ga-Mi?! Seriously?" Plagg winced. "Don't you have any other girls around?"

"At least Kagami seems to see me as her boyfriend. The rest of girls are either freaky fangirls or colleagues who will always see me as their schoolmate."

"Only if we assume that you understand properly what you see." Kwami murmured.

"What do you mean?"

"Maybe you only think that some girls see you as their schoolmate?"

"Nah, Chloe is only joking." Adrien misunderstood Plagg's suggestion.

Kwami rolled his eyes. That boy was hopeless! If he really wanted to change the target, why didn't he choose the most logical, obvious and – for many reasons – most appropriate one? And now he was going to start dating this personified dragon who will let him go only if... No, she would never let him go...

"You'll have to bear the consequences of your decisions, kid. Don't come to me later for the rescue!" Plagg muttered unpleasantly.

"What do you mean?" Adrien didn't understand again.

But Plagg couldn't answer. Adrien would be probably offended if he heard kwami's opinion on Kagami, from now on his new target. No, silence was better. And praying for the miracle.

"Just try to listen next time! And to read between the lines!" Plagg said finally and left to his camembert corner.

"I don't get it..." Adrien sighed.

He felt he should talk about Kagami with someone. Plagg wasn't a good advisor. He needed a girl to talk about the techniques of impressing the girl. He knew that Marinette had let him down in Ladybug case, but maybe she would be more helpful with Kagami case?

After all, she was his only hope. She was his best friend, except Nino, of course. But Nino wasn't a girl. And he wasn't good in giving advice on matters of the heart.

***

Marinette couldn't decide which day was the worst in her life. That one, when Adrien had told her about his dating plans. Or rather that one when she – fool of all fools! – decided to go with him for his date with Kagami. The date which ended with a cheek kiss...