12 - A trade contract

"I think I have to buy a new present for you..." Adrien muttered in Marinette's ear.

"Why?"

"You can't make the scarf for yourself!"

Marinette giggled.

"But I've known I'm making it for myself from the beginning!"

"There's no way I'll give you that scarf now."

"Of course, you will. That was a trade contract. You ordered the product, so you must receive it."

"A trade contract?" he grinned, and she realised how much of Cat Noir was in Adrien. "I don't remember we discussed the price..."

"Don't look at me like that..." she whispered, suddenly embarrassed.

"Like what?"

"Well... Referring to what you've just said..."

"Yes?"

"So, you're looking at me like I was..."

"Like you were...?"

"Well, like it's me to be..."

"Yes, Purrincess...?" he smiled meaningfully.

"You're unbearable!" she nudged him.

"No, I'm only curious what's up in your mind. I think that's the case for Sigmund Freud..."

"And I think that Sigmund Freud will scrape you from the wall soon!" she answered irritably, but he only laughed.

"You're wonderful!"

"And you're unbeara..." she started, but he interrupted her by a kiss.

Now he could tease her forever, and when she was getting angry, all he had to do was to kiss her. Life was beautiful again.

***

"OK, let it be." Adrien sighed after a while. "I'll take the scarf from you, but maybe I'll give it to someone else?"

For a moment the name of 'Kagami' hung between them in the air, even though nobody said it aloud.

"Just try and I'll tear her into pieces..." Marinette muttered, and Adrien laughed.

"My Lady is showing her claws... I like that!" he commented, and she blushed immediately.

"Then better stop."

"So why did you bluff with that group meeting for the next time?" he referred to the day when they'd met at the ice rink.

"I beg your pardon?!" she exclaimed indignant and sat up, frowning.

"I asked you directly if you want to go only with me. And you started creating the whole list of people!"

"Because you asked in dismay!" she reproached him.

"What a dismay?" he asked surprised and sat up as well.

"As if going out with me was something terrible!"

"You must have been blind!"

"Well, you did your best to pull the wool over my eyes with all this date with Kagami!" she snorted.

"You weren't better. Why did you take Luka there?" he answered back.

"Oh, you wish I came alone!" she crossed her arms and looked at him with a stern face. Adrien laughed suddenly. Did they argue about who had been more jealous?

"When I'm thinking about that day, I must admit I shot myself in a foot." Adrien noticed in a different tone.

"You know what? I think you're right. I'll tell you in secret, that good for you that Luka was more noble-minded than Cat Noir..."

"What?!" Adrien jumped up indignant, and Marinette smiled.

"Well, Luka encouraged me to try to win your heart. And Cat Noir just poached your girlfriend..."

"But... I'm Cat Noir..."

"When you were stealing me from yourself, I didn't know that you're Cat Noir. So, it looks like you did steal me."

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

"You don't have to." She smiled. "Just remember to not shoot yourself in a foot again."

"Never, M'Lady. Cat's purromise."

She laughed in response.

"Be careful, Adrien!" she warned him. "You know my secret, but it doesn't mean you should blurt it out."

"And vice versa, M'Lady."

"I'm not calling you 'Kitty', when you're not him." She reminded.

"I like when you call me 'Kitty'." He protested.

"But I can't call you that when you're in civilian self. Someone would finally figure it out."

"I beg you, just don't call me 'Adriekins'..." he muttered, and she burst out laughing.

"Oh, never! I'd choke with that name!" she promised and then touched his cheek and whispered: "I'll find something, don't worry, Kitty..."

And she kissed him.