13 - Like holder like kwami

"M-Marinette?" Adrien asked after a while.

It was the middle of the night and they had been half-sleeping already.

"Mm?"

"I should get going."

"I know."

"But I don't want to go."

"Me neither."

"But I should. I didn't plan to stay overnight here."

"Well, I didn't plan to put you up for the night as well..." Marinette muttered, and then she added jokingly: "Probably, I would do that for Cat Noir, but for you... Nah..."

"What's the difference?" he asked surprised.

"Fundamental." She replied. "Cat Noir is sooo hot, and you are just a schoolmate..."

"Marinette..." he warned her.

"Too early for jokes?" she smiled. "Oh, OK. I mean that Cat Noir was someone I didn't know as a person."

"Ekhm..."

"Uhm, it doesn't sound good." She noticed. "I mean... I know where you live, that you have the family. And I would meet you at school next day. Not to say about my parents! If they found you here, you'd be dead. We both would be dead, actually. Or grounded to the rest of my life..."

"Soo... You're attracted by a mysterious seducer, but not by a schoolmate?"

"Let me remind you that I kissed you first, so I'm not sure who was seducing whom..." she murmured and immediately blushed, when she heard how it sounded.

Adrien laughed happily and embraced her tighter.

"I really have to go..." he whispered, at the same time hugging her closely that was totally opposite to his words.

"Then go." She answered, resting on his chest.

"I can't. You're lying on me."

She giggled.

"I'd throw you off the couch, if I wasn't afraid that my parents would come."

"OK, I'm going." He decided finally. "You convinced me by mentioning your parents."

"Oh..." she sighed disappointed.

"I'll come back tomorrow morning. I mean today. I mean in a few hours. I hope you don't have plans?"

"I'll check." She winked at him. "Saturdays are usually free. I go out with boys on Sundays."

"Marinette..."

"Sorry. I can't stop..."

"And you used to cavil at me..."

Marinette giggled. He was right.

"Plagg?" Adrien looked towards the dollhouse where both kwamis had gone a few hours ago. "We have to go."

"I'm not here!" they heard muted murmur.

"He's not here!" the tinier voice added.

"What are they doing there?" Marinette got up suddenly interested.

"No!" Adrien stopped her, when he finally realised what was happening. "Timeout, Plagg!"

"What a timeout?" Marinette asked in whispered, completely confused.

Adrien chuckled and hugged her closely.

"I don't get it..." she murmured.

"I think we're going to visit you very often. Both..." he whispered in her ear, suddenly feeling twice happier.

"All right, I'm here, kid." Plagg muttered wryly, coming to his holder.

"I hope you had a good time?"

"No comment!"

"You could tell me, when I asked you who's your..." Adrien began with a meaningful grin on his face.

"Don't you dare!" Plagg interrupted.

"Don't tell me you didn't tell her?"

"Like holder, like kwami..." Plagg answered back.

Hearing those words both Marinette and Tikki giggled. And Adrien blushed. But some things needed the right moment.

"Come on, Plagg. We're going." He muttered. "Claws out!"

A moment later he was standing as Cat Noir in front of Marinette. He couldn't make himself leave, but he knew they need to sleep at least a few hours.

"I'll come back in the morning, Purrincess..." he whispered, kissing her goodbye.

"Do it. I'll be waiting." She whispered back.

Then she followed him on her balcony, just to could see him a few seconds longer when he disappeared in the night. She sighed happily. She couldn't believe that all this had happened this evening.

Before she came back to her bedroom, she glanced quickly at her kwami.

"Really? He even hasn't told you he loves you?" she asked stepping down.

"He needs time." Tikki sighed. "But I know he loves me even if he hasn't told me that yet..."

"I know what you mean..." the girl sighed and closed the trapdoor.