2

Stokeley

After miles of Jahseh telling me directions to the nearest hotel, we finally made it to a cheap hotel.

I didn't really need anything expensive being that I'm only here for a couple of hours.

Jahseh didn't have anything but the clothes on his back so I gave him a clean shirt of mine to put on when he gets out of the shower.

I still can't believe that I'm helping a stranger that I found on the side of the road. It's very very rare for me to do shit like this.

The closest I've ever been to helping a stranger on the side of the road is giving a hobo a burger and going home.

I don't really trust homeless people. A lot of them are crazy and you never know their intentions.

Oddly I actually would like to know more about Jahseh.

How did he get there? Does he do this all the time? Where does he live? Does he have any friends? What happened in his life for him to end up in a such a shitty situation?

I know It wouldn't make sense for me to know anything about him being that I'm literally back on the road home tomorrow. But damn, you can't help but wonder.

"Thank you soooooo much." Jahseh says as he leaves the bathroom with my long black shirt on.

"You're welcome, I'm only doing this because I was lost and I needed directions." I admit.

"Whatever you say, I never got your name though." Jahseh says as he plops on the bed. "My name doesn't matter." I respond as I go back to browsing on my phone.

"Well I just wanna know, you know my name." He exclaims. "Well that's because you told me your name, I didn't exactly care to know." I respond.

"Ugh, stop being difficult and just tell me your name." He responds. "It's Stokeley, I really hope knowing my name benefits you in some way or another." I say sarcastically.

"Nice name." He compliments. I just ignore him and continue browsing through my phone.

"So, where are you headed anyways?" He asks. He asks a lot of damn questions, when it's my turn to ask question he better answer every single one of them.

"Miami Florida." I respond without taking my eyes off of my phone. "Are you serious?" He asks.

"No, I'm joking, I just decided to pull a random ass joke in this awkward ass situation Jahseh." I respond sarcastically as I roll my eyes.

"It just surprised me because I live in Florida." He exclaims. "True." I respond, again not taking my attention off of my phone.

"W-well I was wondering if I could possibly ride with you-"

I stop him right there.

"No no no no, I didn't even have any bussiness picking you up off the side of the road." I respond before he could even finish his sentence.

Is this guy serious? He's really asking me this?

"Pleeeaaaase, just drop me off In Broward and I swear you'll never see me again." He begs.

"No! N.O." I scream.

I do feel kind of bad, but I have problems of my own. Plus, I barely even know this kid.

"Please I'll do anything Stokely, I just have to get home." He responds, now crying with his face muffled into his hands.

I stare at him kind of regretting what I just said, I feel like an ass hole if I'm gonna be honest.

"Okay okay, stop crying." I tell him. He just continues to sob.

"Jahseh..." I call out trying to get his attention, but he's still sobbing away.

"I'll take you with me okay?" I assure him.

"Yayyy!"

Oh now you wanna stop crying....

I like this