Traveling and Labor

~GINNY~

I had just woken up and I smelled the wonderful smell of pancakes. Harry had been making me breakfast all week because he took it off to stay with me, as I was arriving on my due date. I got off the bed a bit to fast and ran to the bathroom. God I hate morning sickness. I felt Harry pull my hair back as he rubbed circles in my back. Once I finished being sick, I followed Harry downstairs and into the kitchen for breakfast.

"Have a seat at the table. I'll bring breakfast to you." I said, trying to get Harry to take a break.

"No no no. You sit. I'll serve." He insists.

"Fine. But I'm doing the dishes."

"We'll see."

I swear he is so persistent when he wants to be. I eventually gave in and sat down at the table. A few seconds later, Harry brought the plates of pancakes and bacon over and sat down next to me.

We finished our breakfast and I tried to get up to do the dishes, but Harry just led me to the couch.

"I've got it, baby." He said. "You just relax."

I laid down and picked up a book. A couple pages in, I felt a strange feeling. I suddenly knew what is was.

"HARRY! THE BABY'S COMING!" I yelled.

"WHAT?! OKAY. YOU GET TO THE CAR. I'LL GET THE BAG."

I walked as quickly as possible to the car and got in the front seat. Not long after, Harry arrived.

"Allons-y!" He said.

"What the hell does 'allons-y' mean!" I snapped.

"It's French for 'lets go'."

"Now is not the time for French, Harry! now drive!"

~HARRY~

I drove as fast I could to get to the hospital before Ginny had our first child. We waited until birth to find out what gender the baby was going to be. I wanted a girl, but Ginny really wanted a boy. Considering her family's genes to have boys, I predicted that it was going to be a boy. If it was a boy, we were naming him James Sirius Potter, after the two father figures in my life. If it was a girl, we were naming her Lily Luna Potter, after my mother and after Ginny's best friend. We finally arrived at St. Mungos and I rushed her inside.

"My wife has just gone into labor!" I said.

"And her name?" The reception lady asked.

"Ginevra Potter." It felt good to say that name.

"Room 221." She said, pointing to her left.

I walked to the room, all the way supporting Ginny. When we got there, I helped her into the bed just as the healer who helped us last time walked in. Vanessa, I think her name was.

"Look what the cat dragged in!" I said energetically.

She shot me a look as if to say 'get out'. I took the hint and excused myself, saying I needed to send a patronus to the family.

I walked into the waiting room and sent my stag to Ron and Hermione, George and Angelina (A/N: I started to write Fred 😭), Molly and Arthur, Percy and Penelope, Bill and Fleur, Charlie, and Luna.

After about 5 minutes, Ron showed up.

"Hey mate. Congrats on having a baby." He said, sounding rather mad.

"Look, I know you don't like the idea of me getting Ginny knocked up, but it's too late know." I replied.

"No it's not that. It's just, Hermione left me a note this morning saying that she left for Australia to find her parents. I specifically told her to wait until we can be sure that there are no more deatheaters, but she left anyway!" He ranted.

Ron finished ranting about the same time Molly and Arthur showed up. Pretty soon everyone, except Hermione, was here. Even Luna! I thought she wouldn't want to come after what happened to Neville, but she showed anyways.

"Hey Luna. How are you?" I asked as I walked up to her.

"Pretty good I guess. I'm still a bit depressed." She answered.

"Yea. I understand. But I don't think Neville would have wanted you to be sad though."

Right as I said that, Vanessa walked out of the room, calling only me into it. As I walked in, I saw an exhausted looking Ginny, holding a sleeping baby boy. I guessed it was a boy due to the blue blanket instead of pink.

Our little James Sirius Potter.

DOCTOR WHO IS AMAZINGLY SAD. I LOVED/HATED DOOMSDAY!

ANYWAYS I FINALLY KNOW HOW TO PRONOUNCE RAXACORICOFALLAPATORIUS