chapter ten

Los Angeles, California
BAILEY JONES
24th December 2019

Shawn was in our lives for a month now. Brooke wanted to see him a lot, almost everyday. So, this last few weeks, he would come at my office or we would go to his.

It was Christmas Eve and I wasn't going to celebrate it, this year. It would be only me and Brooke watching Christmas movies and eating a lot of cookies that we made earlier.

"Mummy?" I hummed. "Can we watch the Grinch? Please?" She asked pouting

"Yes sure, baby." I said going upstairs.

"Someone is knocking!" She yelled. "I am going to open the door."

"I'm coming, honey. Don't open the door." I said going downstairs as I saw her hugging Shawn. "I guess you already opened it."

She laughed and hugged Shawn's leg. "Sorry mummy." She told me.

"It's okay love. Go on the couch and wait for me there, okay?" She nodded.

"Can I eat cookies?" She asked as I agreed. She ran to the living room leaving Shawn and me alone.

I smiled. "Hey"

"Hey Bails, sorry to come like this but I wanted to spend Christmas with you guys." He said hugging me.

I smiled widely. "It's okay, come in." I told him

"I bought presents." He spoke as I gasped.

"You didn't have to, Shawn." I said smiling.

He shrugged. "I wanted to!" He argued. His arm wrapped around my neck as he kissed my temple. "Alright, what are we watching?"

I grinned excitedly. "The Grinch."

He laughed. "Perfect, I love this movie." He said softly walking to the couch and sat next to Brooke.

"You do?" I asked as he nodded.

"I used to watch it every Christmas with my sister." He smiled. I sat next to him and laid my head on his shoulder.

"Shawn, can I put my head on your lap?" She asked shyly, he chuckled and nodded. "Thank you."

He ran his fingers through her soft hair as she slowly fell asleep. 

"I think she is asleep." He whispered as I nodded.

"Yeah she is." I replied.

"Can I bring her to her bed?" He asked with a shy smile, I nodded and watched him taking Brooke in his arms.

"Follow me." I said walking through the house.

He walked in her bedroom and laid her in her bed, he put the blanket on her and kissed her forehead.

"Goodnight Shawn." She mumbled turning around facing the wall

"Goodnight babe." He replied. "We should go back downstairs." He told me as I nodded.

"Do you want to put the gifts under the Christmas tree?" I asked

"Hell yeah!" He answered. I chuckled as he went to his car and came back with three packages.

I frowned. "Why do you have three?"

He smirked. "One for ya and two for Brooke."

"Two?" I gasped. "You really didn't have to, stop spoiling her!" He laughed and shushed me.

He put them underneath and turned towards me. "You want yours now?"

I shook my head. "No, we will open our presents tomorrow."

"We?" He asked as I nodded

"I got you something too, man!" I laughed as he shook his head. "Why aren't you in Toronto for Christmas?"

"Because I spent a week with them last month and they were all busy." He shrugged

"Oh, okay." I whispered, we were now sitting on the couch and I didn't realize how closed we were until I stepped back. "We should go to bed." I said

He scratched the back of his neck and hummed. "Where do I sleep?"

"With me." I took his hand and went in my room.

Once we were inside, I put my hair in a ponytail. I turned around seeing Shawn standing awkwardly in the middle of my room, I laughed.

"Don't move, my brother should have left clothes here." I said

I grabbed a t-shirt and a sweatpants and gave them to him. He thanked him as he changed, I turned around and went under the sheets. He joined me, five minutes later and wrapped his arms around me as we both fell asleep peacefully.

[]

baileyjones

Liked by arianagrande, camilacabello and 1,219,098

baileyjones merry christmas everyone!
comments disabled.

[EDITED]
hello, can we just talk about the christmas tree? i'm obsessed.

love y'all.❤️
until next time.