chapter twenty

Toronto, Canada
BAILEY JONES

baileyjones

♥️Liked by shawnmendes, camilacabello and 1,211,100 others

baileyjones toronto has my heart forever

[]

Brooke and I flew to Toronto for my mom's birthday. The little one was so excited to see her grandma since she didn't get to see her a lot. I looked at my phone and noticed that Shawn tried to call me, several times. I called back and waited.

"Hey babe." He said with a sleepy voice. "I didn't know that you were in Toronto."

"Hey Shawn." I answered. "What are you doing up so early, love?"

"Actually, I didn't sleep and I wanted to hear your voice." He said as I smiled. "So, why are you guys in Toronto?" He queried. "Wanted to spend a day with you."

I sighed. "Shawn, it's my mom's birthday. I couldn't." I rubbed my face. "I'm sorry, I should have told you."

He hummed. "Yeah, I understand." He answered. "It's okay."

"Are you mad?" I asked bitting my lower lip.

"No." His answer didn't sound really good. "Have fun babe."

"Thank you, babe. I will make up to you." I smiled sadly.

"Yeah, don't worry about that." He answered and hung up. He sounded sad.

I locked my phone and closed my eyes a little, I felt a presence but didn't bother to open them. "Who was it?"

My mum, of course. Always listening to the doors and my dumb self put the speaker on. "No one, mum."

She chuckled. "Don't lie to me, Bailey."

I sighed. "He is a friend— boyfriend." I cleared my throat.

I opened my eyes seeing my mom smiling. "Is he nice to you?"

I smiled shyly. "Yeah, he is perfect. He offered me this necklace and the bracelet." I showed as she grinned.

"Those should have cost a fortune." Exclaimed my mom

"Yeah I know." I bit my lower lip.

"By the way, when did you buy an iPad to Brooke?" She queried

I rolled my eyes. "It was Shawn's gift for Christmas."

"Oh I see." She smirked down at me. "Do you like him?"

I hummed. "Definitely. Brooke likes him a lot too." I mumbled remembering our moments shared together.

"Is he better than Jason?" I nodded quickly not wanting to talk about him.The guy who left me and our daughter because he was scared. "Sorry to talk about him, I will let you in your room."

I hummed. "Yeah." I answered as she left quickly.

[]

Three hours later, I was downstairs with my family and Brooke sitting on my lap.

"Mummy?" She asked looking up at me, I hummed. "I miss Shawn." She admitted as I smiled sweetly.

"I miss him too babe." I said kissing her forehead, even if he was maybe mad at me. "You want to call him?"

"Yes!" She said excitedly, we walked upstairs and closed the door, I grabbed my phone and facetimed me. Few seconds later, his face appeared on the screen. "Hey, Shawn!" Yelled my daughter.

He chuckled. "Hey love!" I backed off, not wanting him to see me and let Brooke talked with him. "How is Toronto?"

"So cool! We saw grandma and grandpa and they bought me a princess!" She explained

He faked gasp as I chuckled quietly. "Oh a princess? Really?" She nodded. "Wow, you are lucky girl then."

She bit her lower lip. "Yes, I am."

"How's your mom?" He asked as I felt my heart melt.

"She is great, I think. It's her who gave me her phone to call you!" He smiled sadly. "She didn't talk a lot since this morning."

"Oh really? Honestly, I felt a little sad today." He told truthfully

They continued to talk twenty minutes but Shawn had to hang up so Brooke gave my phone back as we went downstairs to have dinner.

My mothers dinner was finally finished, I said goodbye to everyone and went up in my room. I was in very bad mood today, I felt like Shawn was mad at me and I didn't like it at all. It felt cold and lonely without his calls or messages.

I grabbed my phone and checked. No messages. No activity on Instagram or Twitter. I quickly looked at his last post, it was my dress when he asked me to be his girlfriend, my eyes made their way to the comments section, some people were assuming that we were good friends, other, were telling that we were together and some of they were pure hate.

Bails🥰:
Hey, I'm sorry for not telling you that I was going to Toronto today. I miss you and I'm really sorry. I'm promise I'll make up to you. Have a good night.

I locked my phone, closed my heavy red and instantly fell asleep.

[EDITED]
i absolutely love this book and i put so much effort in it.
thank you for reading it and voting!
love y'all!