chapter sixty-two

"Maybe that's what a soulmate is.
Not someone who shares every single thing in common with you, but someone who feels like home"
-anonymous

Shawn Mendes
TORONTO, CANADA
one month of the pregnancy.

I slowly opened my eyes remembering the lunch at my parents' house today, we were meeting all our family, even James and Kate and Jason with his girlfriend. Kate is already three months pregnant which made Bailey so excited about the fact that she was going to be an aunt.

"Bails?" I called her name as she walked out of the bathroom with underwear on I bit my lower lip. "Stop staring." She said

"Then, stop teasing." I answered as she rolled her eyes I stared at her little bump making me smile. "Look at your bump!" I said as she walked over the bed.

"I know right." She smiled. "Can't wait to hold her or him." She added as I placed my hands on her bump making her jump at my cold hands.

"Sorry, my hands are cold." I said as she chuckled. "Hey, it's your dada here, I can't wait to see you bud.." I started as Bails stopped me.

"Bud?" She asked as I shrugged. "Since you know that we're having a baby you keep saying 'he'." She added as I laughed.

"I feel like it's going to boy." I answered simply as she scoffed. "But, I'll be happy with both." I added as she nodded.

"I don't know how to dress!" She exclaimed. "I'm so stressed." She told me as I stood up.

"Can I choose your outfit like last time?" I asked as she sighed and sat down. "Of course, you can."

I squealed and grabbed a red dress, not tight, and who would fit perfectly with her body. "What about this?" I asked as she nodded and smiled.

"I used to wear this dress when I was pregnant of Brooke." She smiled crazily as I kissed her cheek. "Do your parents already saw this dress?" I asked as she shook her head. "Great, put it on!" I yelled as I smacked her butt lightly.

"Don't do that!" She laughed as I walked to Brooke's room and opened it.

Once, she saw me, she squealed and ran to me. "Hey daddy!" She hugged my legs as I took her in my arms and kissed her forehead.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" I asked as she pouted. "You were sleeping and mommy told me to let you sleep." She added

"Yes, because daddy was exhausted." Said Bailey behind us I turned around as we both examined her. "Wow, you look beautiful mommy." Said Brooke smiling

"Thanks sweetheart." She kissed her forehead. "You look great babe." I added as she kissed my lips gently.

"So, Brooke I wanted to tell you that we're going to grandpa Manny and grandma Karen so we can talk about the baby." I started. And, you don't say a word okay?" She nodded.

"You will buy me candies?" She asked as I sighed. "Yes, I will." I said as she let out a little scream making us laugh.

[]

Few hours later, we were parking in my parents' driveway. I started to be anxious looking at my old house. We got out of the car and started to walk to the front door.

Brooke knocked as we waited. "Hey guys!" Said my mom greeting us by a warm hug. "You look lovely, Bailey." My fiancé blushed as she thanked her and walked in the house.

At our delight, everyone was here and were waiting for us. "Hey everyone." Said Brooke making everyone laugh. "Hey cutie!" Said Kate making Brooke squealed.

"Okay! Dinner's ready!" Yelled my mom as I sat next to Bailey and placed my hand on her tight making her smile. "So how are you Aaliyah?" I asked since a few months I didn't know what she was becoming and I felt a little guilty.

"Good. High school is boring but you already know that." She said making me laugh. "And I-I miss my brother." She murmured making me pout. I reached over the table and grabbed her hand.

"I still love you the same Liyah." I told her. "I'm sorry for being distant but don't forget you can come whenever you want." I said as she nodded.

"Well, you are going back to LA in a week." She replied as I shook my head. "What do you mean?"

"So, Shawn told me that he wanted to move here because he feels at home and I do too so I had an appointment and Toronto is going to be the headquarters of my industry!" Squealed Bailey making everyone gasp. "So, we're staying in Toronto." She added

"That's amazing!" Said our parents while her siblings looked lost. "Kids?" Said Kaitlyn.

"I'm happy for you, I just wished you would stay in LA a little longer." Said Kate hugging her sister. "I was going to move anyway." Said Jason.

"And, where son?" Asked Steven. "Vancouver." He said. "My girlfriend lives here. By the way I'm sorry she couldn't come!" He added as we all nodded.

"That's great! I'll be alone in LA." Exclaimed Kate as we laughed. "I will move to Toronto if I have no one there." She said making Bailey grin.

"I have a surprise for you guys!" Said Bailey making me remember that she was pregnant and that we were going to tell everyone today. "So, this is a pretty good gift..." She started as my dad cut her off.

"Sweetie, christmas was two month ago." He said making her laugh and sticked her tongue out at him. "I don't care!" She yelled

"Close your eyes everyone and put your phones on the table." She said as everyone did what she said. She took off the ultrasound and took a picture of it with each phones and put them back in their place. "Okay open and go in your photos on your phone!" She said happily as I watched her.

"You are?" Said Jason tearing as she nodded. "Oh gosh, my two sisters are fucking pregnant." He exclaimed and hugged her.

Everyone hugged her making her cry, of course. The hormones were kicking, right now. "I'm sorry, the hormones." She said making Kate laughed and cried at the same time.

"I get you." Answered Kate making me laugh and hugged her tightly. "I can't believe it!" Said Karen. "I'm going to be a grandma and you a grandpa love!" She told to my dad as he smiled widely.

"I love you dad." She said. A real daddy's girl. "And mom too." She added making her mom laugh.

"We're so proud of you!" Said Aaliyah hugging me. "I can't believe it. I mean, we can't believe it." She told me.

"I never thought I would be a real grandma that soon, even if I consider Brooke as my own grandchild." Told my mom hugging me and kissing my cheek.

"I'm proud of you son!" Replied my dad making me smile, I looked at Bailey who mouthed me a 'I love you', I smiled and blew her a kiss.

Big update!!! YAY
I really cherish this story, I hope you love it as much as I do! xx

Sorry if I did mistakes!