chapter fifty-four

shawn mendes
los angeles, california

It's been a week that Bailey and I started again. We would text a lot or call but nothing big, I was still happy to have her back in my life. When she told me that she loved me, I came back here and threw all the bottles away.

When, I saw her, she looked so broke and depressed everything was my fault, I couldn't believe it. I hurt her so bad.

Bails:
Hey. Do u want to come over?
So we can spend time together?

Shawn:
Is miss Jones missing me right now?

Bails:
She is!
Now come over, please

Shawn:
Coming :)

I smiled and took a quick shower. Once, I was ready I drove to her house. It felt like we were back at our first months. I would come to hers or she would come to mine but with the time, I always was with her so I kinda moved with her.

I parked my car and went to the front door. I took a deep breath and rang the bell, five minutes Bails opened the door dressing in a cute pencil skirt and a white shirt, who showed her bra underneath. I licked my lips and looked up.

"Hey Shawn" She said taking me in her arms, I kissed her forehead as she smiled.

"How are you, Bails?" I asked as she let me come in.

"I've been better" She shrugged. "You?" She turned around handing me a glass of water.

"I'm fine. I guess" I said as she nodded. "Why is this so awkward?" I asked as she sighed

"I don't know. I'm sorry. I'm stressed and I don't know how to act" She said as I nodded. "I feel weird being next to you, I just need time"

"Bails" I grabbed her hands. "I'm still the same amazing Shawn" I told her as she laughed. "I was amazing"

"You still are" She told me as I smiled. "You right, don't need to be awkward. You were my fiancé" She added as I cracked a sad smile

"I hope, I'll be your fiancé again" I told her as she smiled and kissed my cheek.

"I'm sure that you'll become my husband one day and the father of my future children" She said as I felt my heart racing.

"You really want that, with me?" I said as she smiled and nodded.

"I did and I still do, Shawn" She shrugged as I smiled widely. "Why are you smiling?"

"Because, you, literally just said that you want to start a family with me" I said as she nodded. "By the way, did you work today?" I asked remembering of her outfit

"Yeah, I went to my office this morning" She smiled. "I needed to work, you know"

"Yeah. I haven't been to my office in a while" I said as she frowned.

"You need to work, love" I looked up smiling and nodding. "What about you start right now and I could come with you?" She said as I agreed.

We drove to my office, we stepped out of the car as we made our way to the doors

"Hello sir, great to see you" I smiled

"Great to see you too, Kevin" I told him as we went to the elevator

I looked at Bailey and my lips curved into a smile. She was genuinely beautiful, my hand went on her waist as she looked up and kissed my cheek. We didn't kiss since we made up but I was dying to.

Once we reached my floor, everyone looked at me, well, us. I haven't been here for like three months. A guy made our way to us and smiled at Bails.

"What a pleasure to see you again, Mrs.Jones" He told her as I frowned. "And Mr.Mendes" I nodded my head towards him.

"Hey Eddy" She said softly smiling at him. My hand squeezed her waist as I started to walk to my office.

I locked the door and sat. "Eddy?" I told her as she shrugged. "And did you come while we were on a break?" I asked as she nodded.

"I was sad. So, most of the time Brian told me to come over so I wouldn't be alone for lunch" She said quietly. "And Eddy was always here so that's why I know his name" She told me as I nodded.

"Anyway, let's forget about him" I said. "You help me with my work?" I asked as she nodded and came next to me.

"Where do I sit?" She asked as I smirked. "Shawn?"

"My lap, honey" I said as she blushed. "We have no chair here so you will to deal with it" I told her. "Don't worry, I wasn't thinking of something sexual, love"

"Okay" She sat as I wrapped my arms around her waist and rested my head against her back. I laid a kiss on it and opened my laptop. "Now, let's work" She said as I laughed.

I felt like everything was starting to become okay.