Prologue

Hi everyone! I was going to Wait to post this story till I had more chapters, but I needed to get help. There is no way I can write a lemon, but I know a lot of you will want one. If any of you are willing to write the lemons for this story, please let me know. Otherwise there will only be limes. All smut will have a warning ahead of time.

You are welcome to comment suggestions, but please don't be offended if I choose not to use them. I don't have a beta, and so there may be errors that I missed. Please comment if you find them, and I will do my best to fix them.

DISCLAIMER: I will only say this once because you must be stupid if you think I own this simply because I didn't put this on every chapter. I DO NOT OWN HARRY POTTER!!

I am so tired of fighting. Everyone expects me to be okay with coming to this world and agreeing right away to save their asses. The worst part is that I was raised by abusive muggles. Sure I know that not all muggles are like that, but I haven't met a nice one yet in my fifteen, almost sixteen years.

I don't want to fight Tom. Everything in my body is actually screaming the opposite right now. It's saying to go to him, to let him hold me, and to kiss him until I run out of oxygen. I can't stop the feeling. It's overwhelming, and has been since he was resurrected to look nothing like he did in first year. Instead, he looks more like his teenage self did in second year, but a few years older.

At about twenty years old with short brown hair and red eyes. His shoulders are broader and he is taller than in second year. His skin is tan and his voice is a deep baritone that sends shivers down my spine.

"This is the end. Tonight I will-"

"Wait!" I say with a split second decision.

"You are only delaying the inevitable." Tom says raising his wand. I can see his arm shaking slightly. He doesn't want to do this either.

"You know what? FUCK IT! I don't want to kill you and I don't think you want to kill me either. So why should we?" I hiss to him in parseltoung.

We are standing in an alleyway near where I get groceries for the Dursley's. I was on my way there when I felt like I was being followed. I ducked into the alley and pulled out my wand and I was surrounded by Death Eaters and Tom.

"You expect me to believe your pathetic attempt to save your own life? Do not take me for a fool boy!"

"I don't think you are a fool Tom. If you want to use our bond to confirm what I am going to tell you, then go ahead. It's wide open right now."

He takes a moment to let himself into my mind. When he gives me the okay, I confess to a little bit of what is on my mind.

"The truth is, I am so sick of fighting for people who don't give two fucks about me. I mean, they expect me to go from being abused and bullied by every muggle I've ever known, to saving muggles and light wizards, as soon as I enter this world! I was a baby when I survived the curse and I had no control over what was happening! Then they go and spread lies and rumors about me, making me sound like a horrible person, and still hide behind me any time something doesn't go their way! I may not be interested in torturing and killing anybody, but I would be lying if I said I had no interest in the Dark Arts whatsoever. Who decided that I had to be a light wizard anyway?!"