Chapter 3

We were at Kings Cross station. I was saying bye to my family. My father wanted to get home quickly so he wasn't gonna go into the station. I gave him a hug and then pulled my sister to the side. "If you need anything, just send me a letter. I might not be around anymore but I will still find a way to help." I said hugging her. She had tears in her eyes. I didn't want to let go. She was everything I knew and loved. "I love you Callie-kat." I said using her nickname. We pulled away and I grabbed the cart, ready to go inside. "Where is nine in three quarters?" I asked turning to my father. "You'll figure it out." He said. I rolled my eyes turning back around. Why can't he give me a straight answer? I wondered walking into the station. I already had my ticket so I just looked for nine and three quarters. I saw nine and ten, but no nine and three quarters. It doesn't even make sense. I turned my attention to a nerdy boy asking someone for directions to the same platform. The man just thought he was crazy. "Platform 9 3/4 this way!" A woman yelled and I followed her as she bickered about muggles. The nerd apparently heard her too and followed. She faced the bricks with the rest of the ginger haired kids. One that looked way older ran to the bricks first. And get this. He actually disappeared when he ran through it! Next was a pair of twins and then the youngest boy. It was his first year too. There was also a little girl. She looked about Callie's age. After the nerd I looked at the brick and ran at it. I closed my eyes running up to it. Then proof! I was on a new platform. The train read 'Hogwarts' and I let go of the air I was holding. The conductors helped me get my stuff inside and I grabbed my wand and a spellbook. I looked at the bunny putting some food in his cage and the owl, doing the same. I need to name them but I didn't know what. I would think about it later. I went to an empty box except for someone else's stuff. I sat across from the stuff and started reading. "What are you doing in here?" An agitated voice rang. Without looking up I answered calmly. "Sitting, reading, listening to your annoying voice." I said proud of myself. I listened to him walk in and sit down along with two other pairs of feet. I finally looked up to see the blonde boy from the other day. "It's you. I remember you from Diagon Alley. Sorry by the way. I'm not used to all the people." I said closing the book. He scoffed. My smile fell. Bloody Asshole. I thought his attitude might've dispersed, I thought wrong. I opened up the book again and the train started. "Malfoy." He said. "I looked up to see his eyes boring into me. "What?" I asked puzzled. "My name is Draco Malfoy. This is Crabbe and Goyle." He said pointing at the other two kids. One was sitting right next to me, the other next to Draco. I smiled slightly at them. "Uh.. nice to meet you, I'm Lucinda Riddle." I said. I talked to them the rest of the time. When the cart lady came around Draco bought me one of everything. My favorite was the chocolate frogs after I learned that they wernt actual frogs just bewitched chocolate. Plus I got a Merlin card.

At one point Granger stopped by looking for a toad. She scowled at the sight of me and I too at her. "Toads were never in style. I think you might want to get another animal." I said to her. "I, for one, have a cat. The toad is for someone else. For two, I don't think you can have a bunny either, I hope you get expelled for it." She said. "I already feel sorry for whatever house you get. They'll have to deal with you muggle mouth." I said back. "I'm a bloody witch." She said angrier. "Your parents arn't." I said back. She gasped and started stuttering. "Y-your e-eyes, t-they turned yellow." She said mystified. I closed them and trying to calm down. That happened when I got angry. It's like a warning. The one time I didn't listen to it, I blacked out and nearly burned the house down. "J-just go away." I ordered. I heard her walk away and felt the other three pairs of eyes on me. "What just happend?" Malfoy asked. I slowly opened my eyes knowing they were back to their normal blue color. "Nothing it's just something I was born with." I assumed he was talking about my eyes. "No between you and the mudblood." Malfoy elaborated. "Oh, we met before and let's say we have opposite views." I said. He dropped it and we got back to talking before I left to go put on my robes so that they could too.

It was toward the end of the train ride and we were all out of ideas. "How about Truth or Dare: Witch style?" Goyle suggested. I looked at them puzzled. "Geez you really have been living under a rock huh?" Draco asked. I went quiet, I really wished I knew what they were talking about. "Ha, I guess so." I said nervous. "It's a witches game. You ask truth or dare, the other person chooses. If they choose dare, then you give them a dare, if truth, then they have to tell the truth to whatever question is asked. If you don't tell the truth or do the dare then the rest of the players put a spell on you." Draco finished. It sounded scary but fun. "Um, ok. I'll play I guess." I said. "Awesome! Draco you go first." Crabbe said. Draco scoffed. "Fine. But nobody gets to say anything about this. Lucinda, truth or dare." He said obviously bored. "Truth." I answered, it obviously being the safest answer. "What is your favorite... Hogwarts house?" He asked. This is something I heard about. There was Slytherin, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and I can't remember the other one. Gruffdoor, no. Giffyden, no. Griffenduck, definantly not. Gryffindor, that's what it was. It's colors was red and yellow. I personally liked silver and green like Slytherins colors. "Slytherin, I think." I said. The train stopped and from the outside, someone was calling for the first years. We got off the train and in the distance I could see a very ominous castle. It looked scary, but cool. "Look it's Hogwarts." A kid behind me said pointing at the castle. Wow, I'm actually here. It was beutiful.