Chapter 4

We had to get on boats to get there. Hogwarts, school of witchcraft. Where we wave magic wands and make potions and say "bippity boppity boo." Once we got there everyone was running up the stairs until we got to a stoic old lady. She smiled at us and I saw Draco and the two boys talking to the ginger and nerd. Guess they stuck together. "Hello students. I'm professor McGonagall. They're ready for you in there. Follow me." She said ushering us into a room. It had a bunch of tables with food. I guess it's a cafeteria. We walked all the way to the front. "Welcome students to another year at Hogwarts I have a few announcments before we get started. First off, no one is allowed on the third floor corridor on the right and the dark forest is forbidden to all first years." Dumbledore said. I wonder what's on the third floor and in the dark forest? I'll have to check them out later. "When I call your name, come up to the sorting hat. I will place the hat on your head and it will tell you which house you belong to. Hermione Granger!" Professor McGonagall instructed. That's stupid, a hat can't- "Gryffindor!" The hat yelled. Nevermind I'm wrong. The Gryffindor crowd hollered. Hope I dont get into Gryffindor now. I watched as the crowd got smaller. Ginger, who's name was Ron Weasley, and the nerd, Harry Potter, got Gryffindor too. Everyone watched Harry carefully like he was just going to grow wings and attack everyone. Guess I'll read up on him. Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle all got Slytherin. That's the one I wanted. The kid with the toad got Gryffindor too. "Lucinda Riddle!" I walked up but I noticed that a lot of professors looked scared. Watching me carefully. The only one that didn't was a funny looking guy with a cape and black hair. The one beside him looked even more scared than everyone else though. "Sit down Lucinda." Magonigal instructed, her voice even shaken. I sat and she put the the hat on my head. It took a while until, "A Riddle, huh. I've seen two others. Your father and his father. Bad people I'd say. Pure-blood? Check. Cunning? Check. You'd fit in perfectly in Slytherin." He said. I was confused. I'm not a pure-blood. My mother was a muggle. "Hopefully your mothers side will help you stay good, but it's not likely. Slytherin!" The Slytherin group yelled and hollered, I walked over there with a smile and sat next to Draco. We ate and met the upperclassmen. I looked at the professors and saw McGonagall talking to the hat before calling the next student.

(McGonagall Pov.)
"Are you sure? Can't you put her in another house? She'll follow her father and grandfather in Slytherin. Especially with who her mother is." I lectured. "Then let's hope she's more like her aunt and cousins than her parents. She's pure Slytherin no doubt about it though, Minerva." The hat said. "She also doesn't know who her mother is. She thinks her mother's a muggle." The hat said. "Minerva, I trust his decisions get on with the ceremony." Dumbledore said.

It was time to go to our corridor, the dungeon. We followed as one of the prefects led us there. "You better keep up." He said going down stairs. I was at the back looking at all the architectury (is that a word?) on the walls. Down the stairs it was extremely darker and the walls went from a pretty off-white with beautiful carvings to a gray, boring, stone bricked wall. At last we came to a door and the prefect said a password that sounded kind've like "Glory and Gold" but it could've been anything. The door opened to a completely silver and green room. Around there were tables with chairs, in the middle was a sofa in front of a fire place. "This is the Slytherin common room, your stuff have already been placed in your rooms, boys to the right and and girls to the left. Get some sleep. I started making my way towards the left. On the doors were names of the people who's room they would be sharing. I walked all the way to the end before seeing mine. It was right under a "Pansy Parkinson". What an unfortunate name, but she sounds nice. She was the only one I had to share with, where as some girls were sharing with three others. I walked in to see my gray suitcases on my bed along with the bunny. I guess they already put the owl in the owlry. There were three other beds so I guess I'll be sharing next year. And the back wall was glass so I could see that we were under the lake. I watched as fish swam by and a giant squid did too. The reflective water allowed moonlight too shine through the room, so that it was still dim but not dark. I started unpacking my bags when another girl walked in. Her hair was black and in a Bob haircut. She could be pretty, aside from her puggish nose, other than that and her hair she could've been beautiful. "You must be Lucinda. And that's my side." She said pointing to the bed MY stuff was on. "Actually your stuff was over there and I got here first, Pansy. So your side is over there. And also, I'd drop the tone if I were you." I sassed back. She had a look of shock and anger cross her face before it was replaced by respect. "I see you already know my name. Did you see Malfoy in his robes." She said changing the mood. I figured she liked him. I nodded my head yes. She closed the door and giggled a little, walking over to her bed and sitting. "I caught him watching me while talking to two other boys. Can you believe such a cute boy would be watching me? I know I'm pretty but seriously." She ranted and giggled the entire night about him. I almost laughed every time she said something about her being prettier than another girl. I might've said she had potential but her annoying mouth might've just taken all of it away. After I put everything up and set up a little gated area for the bunny I decided to get some sleep.