Chapter 11

We ventured the halls a bit on our way back silent. "Good of you to get us out of trouble like that." Harry thanked Hermione.

"Mind you. We did save her life." Ron said to Harry. I guess Ron doesn't like Hermione all too much.

"Mind you, she might not have needed saving if you hadn't insulted her." Harry reminded Ron. Wow, I should pay more attention to Gryffindor drama.

"What are friends for?" Ron asked. I noticed Hermione light up at the mention of being friends with them.

"Either way. I thank all three of you for your help in defeating the troll." I piped up before leaving for my room. I had a game tomorrow and needed my sleep.

I woke up early for breakfast. I saw Pansy still asleep and decided to pay her back for the first day of school. Let's see, what spell should I cast on her? I thought back to the amplifying charm the teachers use to get our attention. If it works on their voice it will work on Pansy's annoying alarm clock. I thought hard for the incantation. I'm really good at charms so I've read ahead into the ones we haven't learned in class so I know what to say. I pointed my wand at the alarm clock and said the first one that came to mind. "Sonorus." I smiled giddly. This will be fun to watch. I put ear plugs in my ears and Oreos ears so we weren't effected. 3. 2. 1. Diiiiiiiinnnnnnggggggg! She jumped so high out of bed and I tried so hard not to laugh. I kept reading my charms book pretending I knew nothing as she struggled to turn it off. Once she did she looked at me sourly. I peered up from my book watching her yell and scream, looking like a troll on their bad day. I mean her hair was crazy. It is short. Short hair is supposed to be manageable but I guess that would be another one of her many short comings. Her mouth kept going unaware that I couldn't hear the words coming out of it. Eventually she huffed and sat down on her bed. At that point I took out the ear plugs and got ready for breakfast. I put on my best robe and uniform.

After breakfast I met with my quidditch team. Unlike Harry, I was stoked to get to play. I felt a real win coming. Before we went out I asked Adrien his thoughts on how this game will go. After our initial meet, me and Adrien became close freinds.

"We'll win without a doubt. You might die out there, though. Alot of us got injured our first day. So you, miss princess, will die." He answered. I scoffed.

"Miss princess? Please, I am pretty sure you've worn more dresses than me." I said.

"Hey, I have five younger sisters. It's not my fault." He held up his hands defensively. Flint chose that time to walk by us hearing the conversation. We laughed at his puzzled face. Then we walked out. I jumped excitedly ready to fly to my place as keeper.

As promised, I made a fantastic keeper. The score was currently 30 to nothing, Slytherin leading. The game wasn't over yet. Terrence Higgs still had to catch the snitch. I didn't watch him or Harry I simply looked after myself as the bludgers flew around. Trying to knock everyone down. Not gonna lie, our team did cheat alot. I didn't cheat. What's the point in cheating, when your in the house of greatness. Cheating's not so great, now is it? The whistle rang as a Weasley hit a bludger straight to me in my blind spot. I fell from my broom straight to the ground. My eyes slowly closed as I felt the pain in my neck, head and back. Before blacking out I could've swore Madam Hooch claimed Gryffindors victory.

When I awoke one of the Weasley twins had just walked in. "Oh goodie, you're awake. I'll go get the nurse." He turned back to the door but stopped and spun back around. "I- I wanted to apologize. I swear I didn't hit you on purpose, I was just trying to hit it away from the others. I'll let you get me back next time. All righty then, I should get the nurse now." He said and left. I didn't even have time to speak. Truthfully I didn't know what to say. He seriously admitted that he was the reason I was in the hospital wing. I was well back to class within the next day. Of course I was told to take it easy but the first thing I am going to do is visit the Cerberus.

"Hey boy, sorry for the wait, I got hurt a few days ago. It's been rough." I said rubbing the middle head. "How about you? How have you been holding up?" I asked him. He nuzzled into my hand as an answer. "Nobody pays any attention to you, hmm? That's what I'm here for, I guess. I should be in class but I needed to run an idea by you. Should I tell someone about what I saw at Halloween? And heard? That was scary enough." I asked. I sat there with him pondering. On one hand I could save Hogwarts and be a hero but on the other hand I could be crazy. Everyone could think I've gone bonkers. I mean who would believe that Quirrel, the stuttering professor, would drink unicorn blood in the middle of the forbidden forest. Snape. Snape is the most likely professor. He doesn't seem to care but he does and he would take my words seriously, hopefully. No, no he wouldn't. Why don't I just go to Dumbledore? He's the headmaster, he's bound to at least have an idea. "I'll be back, boy." I said, heading for Dumbledore's office.

I walked quickly through the halls holding on to all of my hope that I'll be taken seriously.

"Lucinda. Where are you going so quickly? Getting yourself into trouble, no doubt." Professor Snape commented walking towards me. He stopped me just a few feet away from the headmaster's office. "Aren't you supposed to be in class?" He asked. I nervously laughed.

"That's funny. Aren't you supposed to be in class too?" I asked back.

"Clever, aren't we? Why are you racing down the halls?" He asked again.

"Well to get to class of course! Why aren't you racing down the halls? For all you know your class could be tearing apart your room right now, professor." I answered.

"I'm not stupid, girl. What is the real reason?" He asked glaring into my eyes. The air stilled around us. I felt the intimidation darkening the room. I felt almost suffocated.

"I was about to discuss a matter of urgency to the headmaster. That's the truth. I swear." I answered.

"Dumbledore has his hands full at the moment. Why don't you just tell me?" He offered. I gave up on the matter. I did think to tell Snape earlier. Maybe my gut is right.

"Fine, but can we go somewhere.." I looked around a moment. "Somewhere more private?" I asked. He rolled his eyes and motioned for me to follow.

"I can't imagine what could be so demanding of your time right now." He muttered.

Once in his office I spilled the beans. "Okay, so, I have reason to believe that Professor Quirrel is a bad, scary, dude." I opened with.

"Go on."

"As I said, he has bad vibes. So basically.... Darn, I can't tell you." My roll slowed to a stop. Here's the thing, if I tell Snape what I saw I'll be admitting that I also broke school rules. Mainly the one that states "No student is allowed in the Forbidden Forest."

"Riddle, my patience is running very thin over here. Spit it out." He urged. I tried to find another way to put it but I couldn't. So instead I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"I spotted the Professor drinking unicorn blood in the Forbbiden Forest." I quickly said, eyes clenched shut.

"Anything else?" He asked.

"Nope." I said an octave higher.

"I'll tell Dumbledore and find the best course of action for this dreadful news. You, Riddle, go back to class, don't speak of it again, and don't you ever go back into the Forbidden Forest. Do I make myself clear, Ms. Riddle?" He said in his normal lifeless voice.

"Y-yes sir." I answered and left for class.