Chapter 5

The next morning I woke up to Pansy squealing. "Parkinson, what is it?" I asked, a bit whining. "You never said you had a bunny. I didn't know we were allowed to have bunnies." She said next to my bed, about to grab mine. "Hands off." I said, quickly waking up and grabbing her wrist. She looked a bit disappointed as I let go. He might not have a name yet but I wasn't about to put him through the horror of being held by the banshee. "Pansy, what time is it?" I asked noticing it still dark outside. "Oh I woke up early, it's five o'clock." She said nonchalantly. If it wasn't obviously against the rules I would've murdered her then and there. "Pansy whyy?" I groaned laying back down. She got up and got dressed in her robes. I layed there trying to sleep for thirty minutes before getting up myself and getting on my robes. I let the bunny out in the room after Pansy left to "talk to Draco". I sat on my bed giving leftover lettuce from last night to the bunny, thinking about a name for him. I looked up, hearing a knock on the door. "It's open." I said. Draco walked in with a worried look. "That Pansy girl is crazy." He said shutting the door. "You do realize she's my roomate and can come in here any second right?" I asked. "But for the record she kept me up most of the night ranting about how you were staring at her and liked her and everything." I said mimicking her giggles at the end. "Don't do that! It's exactly like hers." He said. "How were you able to get in here anyway? I thought there was a spell to keep boys out of the girls rooms?" I asked. "I don't know. I sort of got thrown over here." He answered. He took one look at the bunny and sat down. "What's his name?" He asked. "I don't know yet." I answered looking at him. "How about Oreo." He said. I laughed. "Why?" I asked. "I don't know. It's my favorite cookie and he reminds me of an Oreo cookie." He answered. "So you like muggle cookies." I teased. He gave me a stone cold look. "Got it. Not funny." I said picking up "Oreo" to put him back in the gated area. "We should get going." I said grabbing my wand, a bag of books, and a quill. Together we walked to breakfast.

I sat at the table talking to the others when I realized that this was the perfect moment to go to the third floor to see what they were hiding. I grabbed some extra bacon for energy later without anyone looking and stuck it in my pocket. I turned to Blaise, "I'm going to go to the restroom, since we have the first class together, will you take my stuff with you if I'm not back in time?" I asked. He nodded and I left the room.

Making sure no one was following me every few minutes, I jogged to the stairwell. When I got there, one of the stairs led me straight to the door, third floor right cooridor. I started up the stairs. In the middle it started to moved. "No!" I yelled angry. I started running and then jumped to the platform. Hanging by one hand I took a breath. That was close. I climbed up so that I was on the platform. I tried to open the door but it was locked. I pulled out my wand and softly I whispered, "Alohamora." If I remember right, which I did, it was a unlocking spell. One of the ones I managed to read about on the train for a little bit. I walked in closing the door behind me. There was no light what so ever. Even the windows looked covered in something. "Lumos." I whispered, a beam of light shined end of my wand. I walked through what looked like just a storage space until I got to a door. I could hear something on the inside. So using the same spell as earlier, I unlocked the door and opened it. On the inside was a Cerberus, three headed dog, he was asleep and chained up in the little room. Underneath him was a trap door. Upon hear a voice and the first door open I closed the door, trapping me with the three headed, huge dog. The sound of the door closing woke him up and he started growling. "Oh no. Uhhh I. It's ok, I'm not going to hurt anything." I whispered hoping he'd settle down. He then lunged at me. I screamed, jumping out of the way of the three heads. The bacon I grabbed earlier fell out of my pocket and he started eating it. "Oh no. Not my food." I whined. He then turned his attention back to me. "Nevermind it's all yours." I said backing up to the wall behind me. Right then I heard the first bell. Great, how am I supposed to get out. They licked their lips and lunged for me again. This time I jumped onto the middle head and held onto the neck. They growled and jumped around. I quickly jumped off and ran to the door. Opening and shutting it before he could get through. Then the tardy bell rang. Bloody hell, I'm late on the first day.