Chapter 16

On the other side was a dark room only lit with torches around. There's a long table in the middle with multiple vials on it. "Harry, what do you suppose we do now?" I asked walking up to the table. I heard the screaming of the fire encompassing the door. I spun around to see the odd colored flames. Purple. Why purple. It's not a natural fire color, I don't think. Then the same noise came Frome the other side of the room. The door were meant to go through was covers and in flames of black. "We're trapped. These bottles must contain our way out. They look like potions. This is probably the work of Snape." I said. Harry had a price of paper in his hands. "What is that, Potter?" I asked curiously.

"Danger lies before you, while safety lies behind,
Two of us will help you, whichever you would find,
One among us seven will let you move ahead,
Another will transport the drinker back instead,
Two among our number hold only nettle wine,
Three of us are killers, waiting hidden in line.
Choose, unless you wish to stay here for evermore,
To help you in your choice, we give you these clues four:
First, however slyly the poison tries to hide
You will always find some on nettle wine's left side;
Second, different are those who stand at either end,
But if you would move onwards, neither is your friend;
Third, as you see clearly, all are different size,
Neither dwarf nor giant holds death in their insides;
Fourth, the second left and the second on the right
Are twins once you taste them, though different at first sight." He recited.

"But what does it mean." He whined. "It's a riddle, give it here. My father used riddles all the time back at the house." I snatched it from Potter and read through it. "Okay umm, this is hard. The giant and the small ones aren't poisonous. And it has a twin. 2nd and 6th is nettle wine." Harry removed those two. "You will always find some on nettles left side.... 1st and 5th are poisonous." I declared. He set them to the side. "7 can't be poison, they're different. We found both nettles... That one sends you back I think. But leave it there unless I confirm it. That leaves 3 and 4. The 3rd one is a dwarf so it can't hold poison, so that one should take you forward and the 4th is the poison. Harry drink the 3rd one." I said. "But there's not that much left. What about you?" He asked. "Simple. I'll stay here. I did my part in helping you. As much as I want to face him, rumors will spin the tale if a Slytherin faces him." I said disgusted. "Besides, Hermione is right. You're brave and I'm only smart. I'll outwit him but I wouldn't be able to take him. You got this Harry." I said shoving the bottle in his hand. "Take it before I change my mind, scary cat!" I said slightly agitated. He was cautious but ultimately drank the rest of the potion. Then poof. He was on the other side of the black flames. I looked to the last bottle on the right. If it takes me back then I can help Hermione. But what if Harry needs me. What if he can't do it? Also, what if I was wrong and looked over a word in the riddle. Instead of doing anything I sat down on the floor and waited. If I went with Hermione, then she might start bickering at me like a pea brained bird. I can't go to Harry because he drank the rest of the potion to go through the black flames and I don't think I should drink the poison. So I guess nettle wine is all that's left but of I do that I might accidentally drink a poison I missed. So the logical answer is... "Blaise's potions!" I do hope I grabbed the one I need. I pulled three out of my pocket "Amortentia, no. Hiccoughing solution, no. Fire protection!! Got it." I looked at it and the tiny drop of what Harry didn't drink. They look almost identical. Blaise must've made the right one without knowing it. I was marvelled by my best friends intelligence. I was too quickly pulled out of my thoughts though by a scream. "Potter." I quickly took a swig of the potion and ran for the black flames. I got through the fire and ran for the next door. "Harry duck!" I said. "Diffindo!" I swished my hand and pointed it at Quirrel. I was right. It was him. "Ahh!" He yelled as two of his fingers fell off his arm. "You ignorant child! Get the stone and give it me." Another voice said. "Quirrel turned around to show another face on the back of his head. All of a sudden it became hard to breath and I think my heart stopped for a second. What is that? "Lucinda, child. Listen to me and you'll learn to be powerful. Much more powerful than your father." He said. I looked at the mirror, recognizing it from before. Next to me was an older man smiling at me. At my success. My grandfather. "What do you see?" The weird face asked. "I see you." My voice was ice as fear seeped through my veins. Who is this guy? How did I know the man in the mirror was him? "Good. Child now listen to your grandfather and get me my stone. We can be happy you know." I looked to Harry and nodded my head. He had it. "Harry. Remember when Malfoy through Neville's rememberal and you got it back. That stone is the rememberal Harry. It needs to be in the right hands. It needs to be safe." I said motioning my eyes to the door. "Now." I said calmly. Harry ran for the door. "Stop him!" The thing exclaimed. I saw Quirrell bring his hand up. "Windgardium Leviosa!" I slightly levitated Quirrell but he still snapped which sent fire around the room trapping me and Harry with Quirrell. "Don't be a fool! Why suffer a horrific death when you can join me and live?!" The face said. "Never!" Harry yelled back. I was in between the two. Looking back and forth. "Haha. Bravery. Your parents had it too. Tell me, Harry, would you like to see your mother and father again? Together, we can bring them back." The face taunted. I saw Harry look at the mirror. Does he see his family in it? "All I ask for is something in return." Harry takes the stone from his pocket. "That's it, Harry. There is no good and evil. There is only power, and those too weak to seek it. Together, we'll do extraordinary things. Just give me the stone!" The face said. I looked to Harry quickly and shook my head. "You liar!" Harry yelled and went to run. "Kill him!" The face yelled. "No!" I jumped in the way of Quirrell. "Stay back!!!" I yelled. He threw me to the side, my ribs hitting the stairs in pain. Quirrell soared into the air and smashes into Harry, one hand on Harrys throat. They fall to the steps. The stone falls out of Harry's reach as Quirrell chokes him. Harry strains and squeaks. Suddenly, Harry puts his hand on Quirrell's, trying to get him off. Smoke furls from under his hand. I watch in horror and intrigue. Quirrel suddenly pulls away screaming at his hand as it crumbled to pieces. "No you fool! The stone! Get the stone!" The face yelled. I looked at the stone and launched myself to my feet to grab it. "Stop right there or I'll shatter it!" I said in position to throw it to the floor. Quirrel charged quickly but before I could smash it Harry got up and put his hands on Quirrel's face. Quirrel screams in pain. Once Harry pulls back I could see Quirrel's face burned where Harry touched. Just like what happened to his hand, Quirrel slowly turns to ash. Both Harry and I gasp in fear. Harry looks at his own hands and hurries over to me. I handed the stone to him and sigh, when we hear something. Turning, Harry sees a dust clouds with Voldemort's face. The cloud rushes forward, right through Harry! I rush to try to push him out of the way making the ghostly face go right through me as well.