Chapter 15

We opened the door to see hundreds... No, thousands of tiny things flying across the room.

"Curious, I've never seen birds like these before." Hermione said.

"They're not birds, Hermione, they're keys." I said sharply pointing at one close enough to see.

Hermione glared at me and I shrugged my shoulders innocently.

"And I bet one of them fits that door." Harry said walking forward to the broom not far away.

"What's this all about?" Hermione asked.

"I don't know." Harry answered.

"You practically just explained it. One of these keys fits that lock. All you have to do, Harry, is catch the right one. Since they fly, you have to use the broom." I explained.

Ronald walked to the door. Hermione in tow. "Alohamora!" Ron said in hopes it would work.

"Of course it wouldn't work. These rooms were set up by PROFESSIONALS. You can't just cheat your way out. This is likely the work of Professor Flitwick. He is specialized in charms. The Devil's Snare by Professor Sprout and then the Cerberus probably belongs to your animal loving friend Hagrid." I said.

"Well, it was worth a try." Ron said.

"Ugh! What are we going to do?! There has to be a thousand or more keys!" Hermione said.

"We're looking for a big old fashioned one. Probably rusted at the handle" Ron said.

I looked up, trying to find a key fitting the description.

"There. I see it. The one with the broken wing." Harry said pointing at a big old fashioned key.

"Well then. What are you waiting for. Go get it." I ordered him.

"Me? Why me?" Harry asked.

"You're the seeker, remember? If anyone can catch it, so can you." I answered.

He looked at the broom, hesitating. "What is it, Harry?" Hermione asked.

"It's too simple." He answered.

"Oh, go on, Harry. If Snape can catch it on that broomstick, you can. You are the youngest seeker in a century." Ron said.

"I already told you! It's not Snape!" I yelled at him. Ron looked at me before brushing it off.

Harry nodded his head and grabbed the broom. Immediately keys started to attack him. It's a miracle he managed to get on and fly but as expected from the Gryffindor seeker everyone talks about he managed. He grabbed the key and threw it to Hermione who went straight to the lock.

"Please, let this be the right key." I whispered to myself.

"It will be if Hermione hurries up." Ron said right behind her.

She twisted and it finally worked. The three of us rushed in and got ready to close it. As soon as Harry flew through the door, me, Hermione, and Ron closed it. I jumped at the sound of the keys hitting the door behind us.

Next room looked like a giant chess board with smashed pieces on the side. It looked like some crazy war story.

"I don't like this, I don't like this at all." Hermione said.

"Where are we? A graveyard?" Harry asked looking at all the pieces.

"This is no graveyard." Ron said stepping closer. "It's a chessboard."

"Classy, This must be McGonagall." I said as torches lit the room. I walked up to stand next to Hermione in front of the board.

"There's the door!" Harry yelled walking forward to it. Hermione and Ron followed. Idiots.