Chapter 28

My knock echoed through the hallway before I heard the handles of the heavy hotel room door open to reveal a shirtless Beck standing there in just a pair of black joggers, running his fingers through his midnight black hair. My attention couldn't resist lingering on Beck's gloriously defined abs. "Hey, what are you doing?" Beck asked curiously while moving to let me in.

"I'm bored and I'm also ninety percent sure Sebastian's hooking up with some chick from the lobby and I have no fucking clue what happened to Axel after dinner, so here I am." I was bored in my hotel room alone so being bored with someone else was the best remedy. "What are we watching?"

I plopped myself on his bed, watching as Beck rolled his eyes at my blasé attitude. "Make yourself at home, why don't you."

"I will, thanks," I replied cheekily with a wink as Beck rolled his eyes, his perfectly white teeth poking through his smile. Beck laid back down beside me like he usually did. We had been staying at each other's apartments more and more after we stayed late at practice together or got something to eat after visiting our families in Westport on the weekends. Seb never asked me about it, but I'm sure he thought we were hooking up again. At this point Sebastian thought something was wrong if Beck wasn't at our apartment and I was. But, Seb definitely wasn't complaining. It meant he could have more girls over without worrying if I would be home. Despite our increased time together over the last two weeks, Beck and I were still perfectly platonic. "So what are we watching?" I repeated the question.

"Switching between Celtics versus Heat and Superstore reruns so take your pick," Beck yawned while handing me the remote.

"Oh, he isn't just a hockey jock, he's an all around meat head," I drawled sarcastically.

"Yep, keep 'em coming. The 'meat head' is going to law school part time next year so...." Beck mumbled as I changed the channel back to Superstore and he put his arm around my waist. No offense, but I found basketball boring as hell. I'd rather watch violence or comedy.

"Yeah, yeah. We get it. You're smart."

"The smartest," he winked before turning his attention back to the television. It was the Black Friday episode which happened to be one of my favorites after the Olympics one. It was an odd choice, but Sandra was my favorite character. I felt bad for her, being so quiet and overrun, but her startled reactions are fucking hilarious, especially when she was with Dina.

"Do you know where Axel is?" I asked Beck curiously. If anyone knew where his best friend was, it was him. I was met with a silence that made me look over my shoulder at Beck, who was pretending to have not heard me, instead watching the television.

"You do know, don't you?" I called him out accusingly. "I can tell when you're lying to me." I pointed out. His eyes went blank like they usually did with people he wasn't friends with,  not showing any emotion behind his pupils. Beck's face might show it, but you couldn't read his eyes.

"Possibly," he shrugged. "There may or may not be a man in his life that's also here, but you did not hear it from me."

"Mhm. Just like you didn't hear that Johnny may or may not have trouble getting it up from me," I reminded him of the third rate quarterback who had tried to pick a fight with Beck over a girl cheekily. There may have been a rumor going around the women's hockey team after one of them hooked up with him. Guess he wasn't very loyal either.

Beck snorted. "It's not like I would have hooked up with her if I knew she had a boyfriend. Though I find it incredibly funny he wants to start fights when his girlfriend cheats but he does the same exact thing. Shame for her though, I'm sure she'd have much more fun with me." I couldn't help but snort out a laugh with Beck. I don't think many people could give what he wasn't, if you know what I mean.