Chapter 43

I leaned over the black leather console of my boyfriends Ford GT and pressed my lips against his, his hand cupping my jaw gently. 'Boyfriend'; it felt good to think that and know it was real. It had been a week and the shine still hadn't worn off. Butterflies continued to erupt in my stomach whenever Beck was near me. I was a fucking goner.

When we separated from the brief and sensual kiss, Beck cut the engine while I unbuckled my seatbelt, the rap music in a background stoping. "We have to be at the rink at six so we only have until four thirty," Beck reminded me as we climbed out of the car and into the lukewarm early April air.

"Maya and Ace are both at practice and your brother is with his mom's family in upstate New York," I reminded him in return, the sound of the car doors closing echoing through the afternoon air. "I think if I spend more than three straight hours with Finn I'll off myself, let alone five hours."

Beck scoffed as we walked up the driveway and down the ornate stone patterned walkway, mounting the steps to the Riley mansion. "You and Finn would never shut up if Sylvia and I didn't shut you down. Let's just say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

I didn't even ring the doorbell as I pulled open one half of the wooden double doors. A few months ago I practically lived here full time, now I was only here once a week at most. "We're here losers!" I shouted out through the incredibly large home. "So tell my brother to put his pants back on!"

I heard footsteps from the grand staircase on the right, my eyes landing on my brother in black dockers and a button down. Fresh off the golf course like a pompous asshole.

He hated golf but he played it every weekend with the other executives. The saying 'it's not about what you know, but who you know' rang painfully obvious in Finn's case. He's got to keep the board happy, I guess. But I knew deep down he'd rather be knocking people on their asses and ripping hundred mile an hour shots at an orange goal with his Olympic buddies with Sylvia. Finn and Sylvia were not the pompous type, that's for sure. If anything, they were the type to be just as happy in a multimillion dollar mansion as they would be in a two thousand dollar apartment in the city.

"What if my kids we're still here?" He asked with a raised eyebrow, referring to my crude remark.

"Well, Ace is thirteen. It's bound to come up eventually," Beck quipped with a devious smirk from behind me, his hand settling on my hip to hold me close after we slipped our sneakers off. Sylvia had flipped a shit when I told her the news a few days ago at lunch.

"You're lucky I like you," Finn punched Beck in the shoulder when he reached us in the marble atrium. The hockey captain punched the muscular lacrosse captain back with his left hand before Finn swatted him away. "I swear I'm going be a reckless twenty year old forever with you two idiots around."

"I'm offended by that," I mockingly put my hand over my heart.

"Yeah and I'm offended you covered my office in porn magazines for my boss to find," Sylvia countered, walking out of the sitting room on the left, most likely coming from their in home gym on that side of the house, still dressed in black leggings and a Yale T-shirt that she was in the middle of pulling over her head. I hoped I looked like I was eighteen when I was thirty six, because god damn Sylvia was goals. They both were.

I'm praying Finn's anti-aging genes were on the Griffin side.

I snorted, bitting my lip to stop myself from full on laughing. "That was fucking hilarious." Two days ago I'd ripped out all the pages of graphic magazines and taped them all over her office walls and chairs.

Beck looked down at me with a half laugh. "That's what you and Seb were doing thursday night?"

"So that little shit was in on it too?" Sylvia cut in before I could answer. "Because I could have swore that little bit you wrote on a pair of tits was signed just 'Danny'. My boss was waiting in my office when I showed up yesterday. Imagine having to explain that." Despite what you might think, Sylvia wasn't too pissed off. I'd left the note to get her off the hook, especially with the Quinnipiac drawing in the corner. I couldn't imagine the look on her face as her boss read her a note off a paper with huge ass fake tits on it.