Chapter 26

"Fuck, Beckett," I hissed in pain as my nerves fired rapidly through my left side, creating tingles under my skin as I laid on the wood floor of my apartment. I was on my right side with Beck kneeling behind me, his right hand on the small of my back and his left holding my knee with my leg under his arm, stretching my hip flexor.

"Just relax," Beck muttered under his breath, distracted by the counting in his head like the physical therapist had instructed him to do. You know you found your ride or die when they're willing to replace your physical therapist and listen to you curse at them the entire time. Beck had humbly volunteered, wanting his best defender back on the ice and his goalie back in the goal as fast as possible. That, and the fact that I refused to let anyone else touch me.

I could definitely feel the stretch in my quad and my hip, though there was a decent amount of soreness accompanying it. No longer did I struggle with walking or sitting, even working out. The only problem was stretching and opening my legs, aka the only move I actually needed to block the goal in hockey. I still had time left before I could go back though. Running from the cops hadn't helped my case, pushing my chances of getting back on the ice out another week.

"Get on your back," Beck told me when he released my leg from where he was pulling it back gently. It didn't feel gentle, let me tell you that. It felt like someone was literally ripping my libs apart, everything was so tight.

I listened to him and flopped backwards onto my back with a groan, the cold wood bleeding into my pale skin and raising goosebumps under my sports bra. I watched as he put his knee over my right thigh, not applying weight but making sure I kept it flat on the floor.

Both of his large hands banded around my left calf, pushing my leg towards my abdomen, using his own chest to keep it straight. "Fuck, Beck," I hissed again as the ball socket cracked, sparking pain but quickly following with a flood of relief and the release of pressure in my joint. I couldn't help but close my eyes and exhale in solace, feeling the stretch in my hamstring.

"I still can't tell if you two are having sex! Just tell me and I'll leave!" I heard my idiot of a roommate yell through the heavy front door.

"We're not having sex!" I yelled back, opening my eyes and holding in a grunt as Beck pushed on my leg a little harder. His eyes were pinned to my hips below him as he moved his left hand to the top of my thigh to make sure my leg was as straight as could be.

The lock on the door clicked with Sebastian's key, opening a second later followed by the thud of his bag on the hard wood near the door. "I stood out there for that whole conversation trying to decide if I should come in or not. Low and behold you two are in the middle of this foreplay shit," Seb announced after he closed the door, walking over to us and looking down at me on the floor.

Beck released my leg and sat back, running his hand through his jet black hair. "Well if you wanted to step in, then by all means."

"I'm good."

"You're the one that's going to be a doctor, for fucks sake," I retorted, holding my hands out to Beck as he stood. His large hands encased my own as he easily pulled me up to my feet.

"Yeah but the thing is..."

"Your lazy?" Beck suggested with a raised eyebrow.

"Incompetent?" I added on questioningly.

"Fuck you guys. He volunteered before I could, so I'll just leave you two to get to almost second base," Seb retorted with narrowed eyes. "Just don't ride him on my bed and we'll be fine."

"I haven't ridden h-" Beck cut me off with an 'are you sure' look to which I had to stop and purse my lips. I'd definitely ridden Beck before and it was fucking amazing. Instead of continuing, I crossed my arms and glared at Seb with a flustered and majorly red face. "Keep it up and I'll make sure every guy I have over fucks me on your bed."