Prologue

The world collapsed after WW3 happened. No one in the entire world saw it coming, and now, everyone is fighting to survive in the destruction of the buildings that once existed.

    Scientists have paid people to give up their own children in order to make experiments. The experiments were meant to help society, but some experiments went wrong. Bad part is, no one knows who are experiments until they show their abilities.

    Some show the abilities freely. Others almost never show them for they fear that if they do, they will be hunted down. And then you have some who don’t even know they are experiments...

    The experiments that were successful, however, are helping to rebuild the buildings and to help people with shelter and food. They try their best to do so as well. Some of the people around them would stare and try to help them build if they know how to. Experiments would refuse and say that they would only get in their way.

    In this world, it’s kill or be killed. You need to know how to survive. The people that didn’t make it, are the “lucky” ones.

    I am Isaac.

    I know how to survive. But I don’t know how I know so much for a seven year old. Maybe my parents told me everything I know.

    But their dead.

    And now, I’m alone and trying to survive everything that comes at me.

    I was adopted by a lady and her husband when I was only two though. Those two people changed my life. They abandoned me when I was four, however… Maybe it was how I acted. Or maybe it was the fact that I played with knives and practiced throwing them at things. In a way to understand how it felt t-

    ...Sorry ‘bout that. I went a little ‘overboard’ there.

    That happens a lot. I say things, and it leads to bad things. Of course, I don’t have a doctor to see if I’m okay or not. So that’s out the ‘idea window’.

    To be honest, no one really has a doctor.

    But there are some people that call themselves doctors that are still alive. It’s too bad that their all the way across the country in a place called ‘Newmerica’ though.

    Newmerica is this place where their rebuilding stuff right now. A lot of people I know have already left to go there. But, there are a few people here where I’m at.

    Where do I live?

    In a oversized box on the streets of what used to be Los Angeles.

    Sad. I know. But it’s all I’ve got right about now. And right now, that’s all I need. That’s all anyone needs in a time like this, really.

Now, this may be one of those things where I tell you things from out of nowhere. So you got to pay attention.

Okay, here we go.