Chapter 3

“Hey, uh, champ. You never told us your name, y’know.” Wilford pointed out, walking over to a table in the corner of the room.

    “...Why should I tell you? You literally pulled a gun on me. I… I don’t know whether to trust you, or leave. Like right now.” I said, somewhat proving a point.

    Jameson wrote down another note and showed me.

    ‘You don’t exactly have any reason to trust us if you really think about it. But! We haven’t killed you, right? That’s one reason why you should trust us. Just, don’t make the wrong move, and Wilford won’t hurt anyone. And if Wilford learns to trust you, then that means that he’ll make sure that no one will hurt you. I would know.’

    I read it slowly, then looked up to see Wilford glancing over my shoulder and Jameson glaring at him.

    “Fine. Okay. But first, I would like to accept your apology.” I gave in.

    I earned a big smile from Jameson and a grin from Wilford.

    “My name is Isaac. There. Are you happy now?” I asked.

    “Yeah sure. How old are you? If ya’ don’t mind me asking for my dear friend Jameson. ‘Cause he was just wondering.” Wilford grinned.

    I looked over at Jameson for a second. He was shaking his head furiously, reassuring Wilford that he didn’t need the information.

    “It looks like Jameson doesn’t need my age.” I said, instantly regretting it when Wilford pulled out the gun and put it to my head.

    “Let me rephrase that. I’m seven years old, don’t know where I was born, but I know that my birthday is September 5, 2020. I was abandoned by my parents when I was four, and I try and stay alive the best I can. So can you please, please, put the gun away. I mean no harm.” I explain hesitantly.

Wilford slowly tucked the gun away and glared at me with the death stare. He walked in front of me, to get to Jameson, eyeing me the entire way.

Jameson looked terrified when Wilford got close, but quickly changing his expression when Wilford looked at him.  

    The mad-man suddenly perked up his mood, and turned around to face me.

    “I think we can trust him, ol’ boy!” Wilford cheered as if nothing serious just happened.

    Jameson simply nodded his head in agreement.

    Meanwhile, I was confused on how he can just change his mood that quickly from ‘I’m gonna kill you if you don’t tell me who you are’ to ‘Oh yay! Cupcakes and rainbows! La-dee-da-dee-doo!’

    Jameson gave Wilford a note. The mad-man scanned it, and left the room.

    The mute silently scribbled down a note for me, and I read it like I usually do.

    ‘Sorry about that youngster. Wilford… well… he doesn’t know how to express emotions correctly sometimes. He also has a bad trust issue with everyone except for his closest friends. I may be one of those friends, but, he tends to pull a gun on me sometimes too! Don’t worry about him. I’ll make sure he doesn’t hurt you if you wish to tag along. I’m not forcing you to come with us, but, Wilford might. I have almost no control over what he does sometimes. Just, good luck.’

    I read it, and kept a lot of stuff in mind. Mainly because it was advice.

    Jameson gently took the notepad back and wrote a short note on it.